Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Epson 2200 Stylus Photo Printer

Old 06-26-2002, 08:28 AM
Gerry, would you mind sharing who your "vendor of choice" is? I'm grappling with the same question you are - buy one now or wait a month or two? Any details on ship date that you get from Epson would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2002, 09:39 PM
Inkjet News says release date is mid July but I have seen other places list late July. Regardless, I would get on preorder list as soon as possible. The buzz for this printer is getting big and if it's half as good as the specs claim, I would not be surprised to see the initial inventory disappear in no time!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2002, 07:22 AM
The response from the Epson website was that they were scheduled to ship the 2200 in late July. No more new information was conveyed.

Jeanie - As far as my attitude on my vendor of choice, I have decided that the local retailer who provides me with service when I need it is the guy who deserves to make my sale. He is the guy I need in the clutch. I hate going into his shop with a broken equipment that I bought at an online source. (Of course MacWharehouse can sell it cheaper, they aren't supporting a service department.) Besides, he has never failed to match a competative price.

Greg - thanks for your thoughts, I think I will "pre-order". Though they have yet to quote a price. Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2002, 07:56 AM
Good for you Gerry - it's great that you shop local. I wish I could - no one around here carries the high-end consumer Epson printers. (Well, it's possible that Circuit City might, but I don't consider them a "local" store and I hate going in there!)

I've put my name on a list at, but no obligation to buy. Also no indication on price yet. They are indicating a July 13 date. They will e-mail each person on the list and give them 24 hours to respond if they want to purchase. If someone responds after the 24 hours, they will be given the next available one. TSS doesn't have the cheapest prices, but I don't know of anyone else selling this and they are really great answering any question you might have. So, unless I find a better solution between now and the time I get my e-mail, I'll probably go with them. Hard to imagine that anyone is going to be offering discounts on this printer right off the bat when there's such a demand for it.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware