Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Eizo experience help

Old 09-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Re: Eizo experience help

I have Eizo CG222W which is widescreen, it is wider than 21, there is 22" not wide screen but mine is widescreen and it is amazing, enough for me and the colors are exceptional.

But i recommend you go with 24" widescreen of CG model, you will not regret it.

This is my monitor:
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 PM

I hear that the best monitors for photos workflows are in these brands:

Eizo, Lacie, NEC, APPLE, DELL.

I have Apple and Eizo and both are excellent, i use Spyder3Elite to calibrate all my monitors even the laptop and all the colors are matching together and the printer, now i am torning between Dell or NEC for my PC games and movies.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by KR1156 View Post
steve, how do you like working on the 241w? have you worked on a cg210/211 ever? the cg 210 or 211 (newer model) are the only eizo's that i ever liked and felt were worth the money. ce series is old technology and a very lowend option...unfortunately i didn't know better when i was setting up at home years ago.

i'm curious about the 241w if anyone has one....bc it's roughly the same price as the 211...and is 24". the 210 has by far the best angle views that i've seen, and i'm not sure about the 241....but for me that's not a big deal bc it will be a home machine and i won't have anyone sitting with me, accurate color and wide gamut are what matters most to me.

tareq, i looked at the 222, but i'm not sure it's wide enough...

there's a new model on the market outside of the US which looks awesome,

but it's like 3500 or something.
Hey KR1156...

I used to have a 210 (that's what I started with), but the 210 (and 211) gamut only extends to about 98% of sRGB (I may be slightly out - but not much). It was only when I switched up to the 241W that I actually noticed what a huge difference it really makes suddenly having over 96% of full RGB gamut... I was seeing things that I simply never saw previously within the more restricted gamut of the 210. This was especially useful when doing D&B, and of course when outputting.

I proof to Epson and can say with complete confidence that what I see on screen is EXACTLY what I get in print.

Also, having the extra screen real estate that the widescreen provides is wonderful. Having said that, I've now moved up to a dual-widescreen set-up, but even if I still had the one screen, I would find it extremely frustrating to have to go back to the 210.

I would just like to add: In my experience (I used one for about 3 weeks) the Apple Cinema Display is probably the worst single display I've ever used. Truly awful colour balance, impossible to calibrate effectively, terrible edge fall-off, and worst of all - the most appalling ghosting I've ever seen on a monitor... EVER.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 AM

thanks steve....that's useful info. A friends house here in ny uses 241's...and another friend of mine (conrad) is getting a 241 soon for another setup, a new 243 version is coming out next week, i'll have to look into it.

--i literally could not agree with you any more on apple displays, you have taken the words outta my mouth!

--basically, what i've come down to is the CE series i have at home just doesn't hold up to the CG sereies...and the only solution that i've come across when profiling, is manually adjusting the RGB dials afterwards to bump up the saturation in this the right way to go about it, not sure, but it's the only thing that seems to get me in the neighborhood of my prints. I guess next step is to print a chart with an array of colors and really sit and fine tune the RGB dials.

I thought about the NEC monitors for a bit, but would hate to spend more money on something i'm not completely happy with. I'll stick with Eizo, and upgrade when i have the absolute need to, i.e. more critical side work!

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware