RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

interesting Nikon D3 vs Hasselblad

Old 11-14-2009, 01:46 PM

Re: interesting Nikon D3 vs Hasselblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post
Tareq, keep in mind that your reasoning is quite selfish. What's cheap for you, it's not for others. I worked my ass off for a year to buy the Nikon D700 and other people, in worst conditions, even don't know what's a camera.
And also i worked very hard to afford all my cameras, and i was meaning cheap DSLRs which are less than $1000 or say less than $1500, i still remember first time i bought my Canon 350D i was crying of the price, even any body i buy are so expensive and i lost all my saving money, i bought my 2 film cameras as used as i can't buy then new, so i also work hard to get money to buy something, but when you will have those pro bodies in the future then you will see those entry-level cameras or P&S are cheap, don't get me wrong that i was meaning your cameras are cheap, i don't have 40D or 50D and no 5D mkII not even new 7D.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2009, 11:43 PM

Question Re: interesting Nikon D3 vs Hasselblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tareq View Post
And also i worked very hard to afford all my cameras, and i was meaning cheap DSLRs which are less than $1000 or say less than $1500, i still remember first time i bought my Canon 350D i was crying of the price, even any body i buy are so expensive and i lost all my saving money, i bought my 2 film cameras as used as i can't buy then new, so i also work hard to get money to buy something, but when you will have those pro bodies in the future then you will see those entry-level cameras or P&S are cheap, don't get me wrong that i was meaning your cameras are cheap, i don't have 40D or 50D and no 5D mkII not even new 7D.
It's okay Tareq. What do you do for living? Just curious.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2009, 04:13 AM

Quote:
It's okay Tareq. What do you do for living? Just curious.
I am a civil engineer!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
I am a civil engineer!
In Argentina you can see a civil engineer driving a taxi, just like many professionals here, earning enough to buy a fuji finepix in 12 quotes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
In Argentina you can see a civil engineer driving a taxi, just like many professionals here, earning enough to buy a fuji finepix in 12 quotes.
and why is that? i was planning to visit South America [mostly Argentina] in 2011 i think, but it seems it is better no go there with any of my gear.

Also there are people who are not engineers and even don't have a degree driving best cars or have more than me, too bad that neither civil engineering no photography help me to earn enough, but i should say Thank GOD at least i could afford many things.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
and why is that? i was planning to visit South America [mostly Argentina] in 2011 i think, but it seems it is better no go there with any of my gear.

Also there are people who are not engineers and even don't have a degree driving best cars or have more than me, too bad that neither civil engineering no photography help me to earn enough, but i should say Thank GOD at least i could afford many things.
Well... you can be here with your gear, but you must talk with some argentinean first. This country it's not secure if you carry many thousand of dollars from your neck. Crime here is high, delinquents are armed with guns and knife. Every single rob is made with guns and there death is involved at any hour, not only in the night. There are places more dangerous than others, of course. But if you to Buenos Aires, to the Recoleta, then you will find some relax. There are other calm neighborhoods, but it's just the less.

Professionals here are not well paid, nor here there is no jobs. Too much unemployement and corruption. In your country, even people without degree is able to get a car, well... here it's not possible. Not all people have a car here. It's all the same, degree or not degree people here is condemned to live poorly. Of course, some people earns a lot of money, but just a very few people. For example, a low-medium wealth citizen from Canada is equal to a high wealth from here but we don't have all the benefits of a good country like Canada. We don't have good health care systems, nor we don't have security/safeness, laws are broken every minute, the government is corrupted as hell. Now the newspapers are getting attacked by the governments mafia, TV is getting controlled... Like comunism...
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Well... you can be here with your gear, but you must talk with some argentinean first. This country it's not secure if you carry many thousand of dollars from your neck. Crime here is high, delinquents are armed with guns and knife. Every single rob is made with guns and there death is involved at any hour, not only in the night. There are places more dangerous than others, of course. But if you to Buenos Aires, to the Recoleta, then you will find some relax. There are other calm neighborhoods, but it's just the less.

Professionals here are not well paid, nor here there is no jobs. Too much unemployement and corruption. In your country, even people without degree is able to get a car, well... here it's not possible. Not all people have a car here. It's all the same, degree or not degree people here is condemned to live poorly. Of course, some people earns a lot of money, but just a very few people. For example, a low-medium wealth citizen from Canada is equal to a high wealth from here but we don't have all the benefits of a good country like Canada. We don't have good health care systems, nor we don't have security/safeness, laws are broken every minute, the government is corrupted as hell. Now the newspapers are getting attacked by the governments mafia, TV is getting controlled... Like comunism...
I heard about that, not just in Argentina, but also in Columbia and Bolivia and Paraguay and many countries in South America, too bad i always travel with good equipment not some money not that much, and i really want to visit South America somewhere but who knows.

About the living and salary and lifestyle, each country has its own, some countries are rich and others not, for Example Russia is not all are rich but they have the most richest in the world, i have read in newspaper that maybe 70% of billionaires are in Russia but when you go there you may find many people there are cheap, here even in my country not all are rich, and not all have car, but few have many things, and in fact with oil in my country we all should be rich and happy but that is not true, we feel with that oil here and still no much we have is same like you with no job or no good money that if you don't have oil, so what we can do or what we need to have money if we have oil and nothing much? i can't travel much but there are many others can travel from my country, i know that we are better than you in economy, but that doesn't mean we are all happy and all are rich and we can do everything, i always hear that the economy in USA is so bad and they have a big crisis more than others in the world but i see that many Americans have more cameras and equipment more than me and you, even with all gear i have now there are Americans think that i don't have much enough, so are they rich or i am not rich? i understand your situations, believe me here also many many people can't buy a good cameras like D80 or 5D or D700, so if you can't there for your country situations, why we can't afford here with our good high economy?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Ripper View Post
I would love a hassy.

but i will never own one.

so im good with my D90.

Check this out, your going to be shocked the D3X rates higher than the Hassy.

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng...amera-rankings

your D90 is no slouch either!

Best Regards,

Richard
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
I don't believe those tests even they re so scientific, i only believe what i can see, i did a test with my H3DII-39 against my 1DsIII and the H3DII was the winner in everything [color, contrast, DR, sharpness], so i just need to bring D3 or D3X and do another test and see, but i have a feeling that the H3DII will be the winner again, the studio portraits shots i've taken by my H3DII blow away all my shots taken by my 5D, 1DsII, 1DsIII.
I think it was simply a point of showing what a $30,000.00 studio camera can do compared to a $4500.00 PJ camera can do. However I know the D3 would blow the Hassy out of the water in low light high ISO situations, they each have their purpose.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware