RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

advice on buying 1st tablet please!

Old 11-25-2009, 07:28 AM

Re: advice on buying 1st tablet please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsvrdogg86 View Post
I know the price seems high, but i would go for the intuous4 medium. You will easily get a good 3 years at least out of it, and the size is perfect.
What he said.

About the pens: The Intuous4 is my first tablet and while the first one lasted maybe two or three weeks my second one lasted much longer. I'm still surprised how often i apply too much pressure, so it may be a matter of training the hand, too.
To be fair: I haven't had the opportunity to try a Intuous3 so I have no direct comparison.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohape View Post
Can the sheet be removed? I was going to just remove my cover (Intuos3), but noticed when I pulled it off (just double sided tape) the opposite side is very smooth. I reattached it with double sided tape, smooth side up.
I am not feeling comfortable with removing the cover sheeet of a 1 week new Intuos. Especially as this time it is sticked on all 4 sides.
Probably you destroy the sheet by crumpling or the doublesided tape will not remove complete.
And then I have no information if the other side works at all: If it is too slippery it will not work for me.

With the Intuos 3 you had the option to buy 2 different spare sheets. One normal and one friction.
Then you had the choice.

Wacom Tec Support is no help in this case.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaJoa View Post
What he said.

About the pens: The Intuous4 is my first tablet and while the first one lasted maybe two or three weeks my second one lasted much longer. I'm still surprised how often i apply too much pressure, so it may be a matter of training the hand, too.
To be fair: I haven't had the opportunity to try a Intuous3 so I have no direct comparison.
I work on the tablet retouching and doing all the other computer stuff -
average max. 8 hours a day 5 days a week.
4-5 days working and the pen nib is completely flat.

If you want to have a nice pressure related toolsize - smooth gradient reacting - you can´t set the sensitivity that low.
At least it should work better with standard settings.

Wacom argues that in the surveys the artists wanted a more paperlike feeling. I believe that is true. But did they say, they would like to pay as much for spare nibs in 3 years as the payed fot the tablet? I doubt so.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware