RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Old Wacom problem

Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 AM

Smile Old Wacom problem

Hi, I'm quite new here so if I'm in the wrong place, please point me at the right place. Since I changed my PC (got a new Toshiba satellite, Laptop) and got a new Windows at the same time (W7), I'm experiencing some strange behavior from my tablet. If I plug it in , all the "brush based" tools such as clone, brush, eraser seems to have a life of their own. For example, if I touch-up in some very precise place in a picture, then the tool moves all by itself some place else (like if it jumped) and draw something of its own (not the same "pattern, I was drawing in 1st place) so it's CTRL-Z every time. The 1st weird thing is that it's getting better if I make a big touch on the tablet before moving the pen, I mean If I'm trying to draw by slightly and softly move the pen on the tablet, it's getting wrong and when I touch then slide the pen it's OK. The second weird thing is when I stop using the tablet and get the mouse (not the Wacom mouse) the same thing occurs (without the touch-slide thing, as I can't do that with the mouse). I need to unplug the tablet, close PS, run PS again, Not replug the tablet and try to do some tedious touch-ups with my mouse (Arrrgggghhhh....). Checked that all my drivers were the latest, they are. Checked the pen tip, looks OK. Checked my settings in PS for the brushed with tablets looks OK (hence, I'm a little confused by the too much complicated way it's handled with CS4, not sure I got the right settings). So Now I'm stucked.
I'm considering buying the wireless intuos (or at least a new Graphire) anyway but this one needs to last -let's say- 2 or 3 months more.
Any ideas?
Thanks in Advance.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Re: Old Wacom problem

Just a guess but I had kind of the same problem when I leave the mouse to close to the computer speakers when I'm using the pen. Maybe it's the magnet in the speakers affecting it. Just a guess.

Joe
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2010, 07:14 PM

I have had this problem too, it is caused by putting the mouse too close to the speakers, try moving then or it away, also updating the drivers can help too
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 AM

H!i I think I solve the problem for now. I decided to take a deep look at the brushes settings and it seems that for whatever reason, I had the dual brush ticked. Since it looks weird to me I decided to turn it off and it worked. But now I cannot explain why it wasn't worrying me when the tablet was not plugged in. Can anybody tell me or at least point me to a sensible explanation of what-the-hell are all those settings in CS4. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2010, 03:14 AM

Unhappy Re: Old Wacom problem

Hi again, thought I solved the problem but hence it's working a lot better, I still have some independent behavior from the Wacom. I uncked all the settings, rechecked them one by one (at least the ones that seemed relevant) and nothing changed. This is not a mouse problem (with the speakers, as I disabled the mouse to check and nothing good happened). But it seems that my Wacom is at least 7 years old and maybe it get tired of working with me. I need to think about a redundancy scheme.
Thanks for any feedback.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware