Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

which one fully compatible for CS5.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Re: which one fully compatible for CS5.

Originally Posted by kav View Post
Remember the larger your monitor, the greater the mapping disparity between monitor and tablet. If they're too far apart in size, you may find it more comfortable to work in mouse mode (acceleration off and mapping toward the lower end) than in a way where when you move the pen 3 cm, it moves 7 cm or more on screen.
+1 (Although I never use mouse mode, that freaks me out. I think they should remove it from the driver settings.)

I used to have two 22" monitors with my Intuos4 Medium (6x9) I found this comfortable. I now use a 27" iMac and I find that my tablet feels a little small.

It's personal preference though, some people like having a small 4x6 and because they don't want to move their whole arm to get from one end of the screen to the other. I prefer the closest to 1:1 I can get. So, I think i'll grab an Intuos4 Large from work
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Re: which one fully compatible for CS5.

Originally Posted by ashphotoart View Post
Thank you jeljones and Kav,

Kav, I've 22.5" widescreen LCD, now give your opinion what size of Wacom should I have ?

I have a 9x12 tablet as I never bothered to upgrade to the intuos4. Older display was a 21". The newer one is a 24" widescreen. At 24" it's already starting to feel a bit stretched. If you want real precision you want as close to 1:1 as possible because it feels more natural. It only feels slow for a little while while you get used to it.

My suggestion would be seeing if they have any set up as demo items anywhere that's local to you, so that you can get a feel for it on your own. Sometimes places that sell professional cameras or apple computers will do this. Otherwise I'd suggest a place with a very easy return policy. Just for reference, every professional photo lab I've ever seen (and other retouchers I've known that do this for a living) all use 9x12 or larger tablets. The smaller ones are just such a minor fraction the size.

If I really had to use a 6x8 tablet to a 20+ screen, I'd set the pen to mouse mode with acceleration off and mapping speed set to one of the lowest settings. This would give a more natural mapping pace but you'd have to play with it a bit to get it right.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware