RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Intuos4 lagging when cloning-healing in Photoshop

Old 08-04-2011, 07:53 AM

Intuos4 lagging when cloning-healing in Photoshop

Hi there,

I bought a brand new Intuos4 medium and I already have an issue.
When I alt-click to sample an area for cloning-healing in Photoshop, the healing brush gets frozen in place for about half to one second. Thus, I am always waiting the healing brush for my next move.

Note that this lag only appears after I alt-click, not when I use the brush for several "normal" strokes in a row.

Following advices on the forum, I already tried to set the tip double click distance to OFF and/or set the side switch mode to hover click. I tried all four combinations of these parameters and nothing works.

That's really irritating because using a tablet is supposed to be faster than the trackpad ... and yet, because of this issue, I am using my trackpad again.

btw : I am on PS CS5 and Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 AM

Re: Intuos4 lagging when cloning-healing in Photos

Hi ronfya: I don't know much about these things but when I'm having problems with my peripherals i do a toubleshooting to see at least if I can find where the problem comes from. Just a simple advice, won't hurt to try... 1. Try switching your usb port (with your computer off) then, turn it on and make a test. 2. A reset of your tools in Photoshop. If these 2 still not work, try to Re-initiate your Photoshop... If the problem persist, you should take your tablet back to the store see if they can give u a new one... Hope this helps...

If you have a mouse connected at the same time with the intuos tablet. try the mouse on the same process to see if it behaves different, or use just one at a time (i mean only one of them connected)
You can check your brush tool settings too...

Last edited by Boneappetit; 08-04-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2011, 08:13 PM

Make sure your driver is up to date for the OSX version you are using. If you are still having issues try calling their technical support. Don't hesitate to return the tablet if it keeps experiencing issues. You are better off returning it while you can if this is the case. Their warranty servicing is not fast. It might be faster than they've claimed at times, but I think it was something like a 10-15 business day turnaround when I asked. Unfortunately they completely own this market so you don't have any other real options.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2011, 09:19 PM

Try uncheking "show overlay" in the Cloning source panel. Also try to change GPU Advanced Setting to Basic.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfya View Post
Hi there,

I bought a brand new Intuos4 medium and I already have an issue.
When I alt-click to sample an area for cloning-healing in Photoshop, the healing brush gets frozen in place for about half to one second. Thus, I am always waiting the healing brush for my next move.

Note that this lag only appears after I alt-click, not when I use the brush for several "normal" strokes in a row.

Following advices on the forum, I already tried to set the tip double click distance to OFF and/or set the side switch mode to hover click. I tried all four combinations of these parameters and nothing works.

That's really irritating because using a tablet is supposed to be faster than the trackpad ... and yet, because of this issue, I am using my trackpad again.

btw : I am on PS CS5 and Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

Thanks for your help.
I can confirm the same problem here - really infuriating isn't it?
I also believe it has to do with the double click settings and possibly in combination with OSX's 'double click' settings.

I don't have a good solution, but for now, try lifting the pen slightly higher off the tablet after the source sample click (option-click).

-- shift studio.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergy Manko View Post
Try uncheking "show overlay" in the Cloning source panel. Also try to change GPU Advanced Setting to Basic.
I had the same problem and fixed it by unchecking the "show overlay" button in CS5.

Joe
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2011, 06:53 PM

I had the same problem. Are you on a 64-Bit Machine running CS5, if not you might have to run your CS5 Photoshop in 32-bit mode. ---Right Click on the "Original Photoshop Icon", Click "Get Info", when the info box comes up check "Open in 32-Bit Mode". At that point close the info box and restart your computer. Then run CS5 Photoshop.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeven View Post
I had the same problem and fixed it by unchecking the "show overlay" button in CS5.

Joe
Yeah, that works in most of the cases.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware