Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Digital Camera - volume image temporary storage

Old 08-14-2002, 11:59 PM
Wow. This is really slick... Talk about flexibility.

Thanks (from me, too) for the link. Really appreciate it.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2002, 04:04 PM
Danny, I don't know if you're still interested in a storage device for your digital camera images, but I came across this in a magazine today. It looks like it might be the answer for someone on an extended trip.

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2002, 06:45 AM

I have a 1GB microdrive for my digital camera, which served as just enough for a 2 week holiday in Malta. You can fit 720 images on it at high res. The only thing I will point out is if you are any way as scatty as me do a small check before you go ... here is a small tale of my recent woes:

I first discovered that my holiday was a day earlier than expected (don't ask!) so everything was a little rushed to say the least. I rushed to my computer to make a back up of what was currently on my drive and to empty it ready for my holiday. Put it back in the camera and thought nothing more about it.
When I arrived in Malta the first thing I did was to remove my camera and turn it on- only then did I realise that not only had the computer deleted the images it had also reformated the drive - AHH! It had reformated it as a fat 32 not a fat 16 which ment that the camera could not see the drive. The camera also could not format the drive back to a fat 16!
Luckly after several days of searching I found a very kind photographer that agreed to let me reformat the drive in his computer... a life saver.

Never believe anything a computer tells you until you have the evidence in your sweaty mits!

Apart from this I have had no problems with the drive and have found it to be a good buy. Although I do like the idea of cendres digital wallet.
The idea of having a lab put the image onto a disk for you cannot always be done with a microdrive as it is compact flash 2 there fore thicker than your normal compact flash and sometimes in compatible with the labs readers. (I only found this out when trying to fix the mess that I explained above.)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware