Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Calibrated Monitor Too Saturated...Why?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Calibrated Monitor Too Saturated...Why?

Hi, I have a Dell U2211H lcd monitor, calibrated with a Colormunki Display, on a Mac Pro. The colour hues are more accurate after calibration but the saturation is way too high. Also the contrast seems a bit high. These issues are present across the board: in photoshop, while browsing the internet, etc. I know this is a problem because when I view images edited on my computer on other computers and smart phones (of course the colours and tones vary) its unanimous, the images were edited on a monitor set with saturation and contrast way too high (appearing flat and desaturated on other displays).

I also tried several calibration variations using the munki software and placing the device on different spots on the monitor, but the issue remains.

I appreciate your help. Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Re: Calibrated Monitor Too Saturated...Why?

Double check the preferences are not set to build a Version 4 profile.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Re: Calibrated Monitor Too Saturated...Why?

Thanks Andrew, by the way i really like your retouch pro videos. So i changed the the build version to 2, and it seems like it made a slight difference, but not enough. But i decided to just go into the monitor's settings and force it to display a more "universal" saturation based on other displays around me like lcd tv, 2 iphones and a macbook and what ive just discovered is that you cant leave this dell monitor on "factory settings" after calibration—you have to change it from "standard" color mode to "Custom rgb"..but leave the RGB values at the default 100. The saturation and contrast seems to correspond more closely to other devices.

It would be nice if this process was not so ad hoc but anyway, Im now getting a good representation now.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware