RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Which PC to choose

Old 07-16-2014, 06:19 AM

Re: Which PC to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolpaul1 View Post
Eizo CS230 has been ordered,should be with me tomorrow :0)
Well, do you like it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2014, 07:17 AM

Not at the moment,can't get it to work,coming up No signal :0(
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2014, 04:43 AM

Haven't posted on here for some time as i have had a busy time of it lately,i finally got monitor to work,bought an HDMI cable,the colours are so different,really impressed,i have managed to borrow a colour callibrator but am not sure if i have to callibrate my monitor each time i use it or do i just callibrate it the once and then that's it,i just switch off the monitor and it remembers the callibration in future?
Can anyone give me any advice on this,
Many thanks,
Paul.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolpaul1 View Post
Haven't posted on here for some time as i have had a busy time of it lately,i finally got monitor to work,bought an HDMI cable,the colours are so different,really impressed,i have managed to borrow a colour callibrator but am not sure if i have to callibrate my monitor each time i use it or do i just callibrate it the once and then that's it,i just switch off the monitor and it remembers the callibration in future?
Can anyone give me any advice on this,
Many thanks,
Paul.
Hi Paul
When you calibrate your monitor it is done with your monitor in a specific condition such as the OSD settings (mode, brightness, contrast, etc). The calibration and profiling is actually only valid for those fixed settings.

So after you calibrate, if you make changes in your OSD or any other setting then the calibration is not valid. Now you might get away with the brightness setting some if you now where to set it back to when doing critical photo editing. Things can get quite far off if you change from a mode of standard or custom and change it to a provided built in color space (if provided) could throw things off if not put back to where it was (if you can even do that).

A second case for needing calibration is that monitors drift eventually over time. It happens so slow you may not notice it over a years time. The best monitors will be more stable over time and the least expensive may shift more.

I would worry less about this second case and more about changing OSD settings (especially if you have growing inquisitive children that like to push buttons

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware