RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Wacom Musings.

Old 11-01-2002, 10:30 AM

Thanks, Clare.

Stephen, You definitely want to go into the Wacom setup dialog (you can find it in the Control Panel) and set the pressure setting to your liking. There is actually quite a bit of control over that, so you should be able to find a setting that's comfortable for you.

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-01-2002, 10:09 PM

Thanks to those who replied - I have been playing with the Wacom CP, there is a now a shortcut on the taskbar on my PC and on the Mac it is always easy to get to the CP for tweaking.

I have to sheepishly admit that I was so busy with the Wacom controls that I forgot to check the Photoshop ones. Doh! <g>

I like the look of the upper models pen - it seems to be easier to grasp than the skinny Graphire one (and I do not have sausage fingers by any stretch of the imagination <g>).

When I was a kid you could purchase little soft plastic slip on corrective devices (triangular) to force children to hold pens correctly when writing...I might have to go looking for one of those to slip onto the pen for a better grip, although this may make using the duobutton harder (I dont have an opinion on this as of yet, I am still too clumsy and it's use makes the nib move). As for the eraser, I think it is easier just to switch to the proper Photoshop earaser tool rather than flipping the pen over...

It has been too long since I have used a tablet - but I am enjoying my return to the tablet.

Thanks for all the personal attention and the great thread.

Stephen Marsh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-02-2002, 09:10 PM

I have quickly kocked together some half inch high subtly tapered wedges (bit like a door stop) out of some electrical goods packaging foam and attached these two soft 'feet' with double sided tape to the bottom of the Graphire pad so that the tablet surface has a slight slope to it, perhaps around 5 degrees...I find this much more comfortable on the writst than having the tablet perfectly flat on the desk (Intuitos envy)!

Having lot's of fun with my new 'customized' toy. What's next - racing stripes or hot rod flames? <g>

Stephen Marsh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2002, 06:47 AM

Sounds like you're well on your way to never putting the pen down again. Have you considered trying to create a pen grip out of the packaging foam? Hmmm - perhaps I'm thinking of a different kind of foam than you used for the tablet "feet", so perhaps that wouldn't work. I'm thinking of a dense type of foam that is used over here for sleeping pads while camping. (And I'm sure a ton of other uses, but that's what I'm most familiar with.)

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2002, 09:33 AM

Here's a makeshift solution. Cut a slot on those foam gips for pencils.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pen.jpg (21.6 KB, 24 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2002, 03:24 AM

Angue - I really LIKE your attachment!!!

Being a professional keyboard/mouse user (now pen/tablet) - I have not kept up with all the accessories you can kit your pencils out with...thanks for the info, now I know what to look for.

Cheers.

Stephen Marsh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2002, 04:54 AM

I know that on some of the Wacom pens you have the option of removing the side switch and replacing the aperture left with a sleeve.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware