Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Got my ViewSonic today

Old 01-24-2003, 09:40 AM
ahh...good point Ed! It probably is defective although unshielded speakers can sometimes cause strange discoloration...or it might be something more "supernatural".
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Warmer color in center of screen

I have a ViewSonic (best monitor ever, IMO) and don't think there is anything wrong with Schwartzie's equipment. It just has to be adjusted. Read the instructions on how to do this. Mine was like that too when it came out of the box, and my hubby did the adjustments...worked great...perfect pic now. Wish I could tell you more about how to do it, but I just sat here and watched and said "okay, that's good" and so on as he did the adjustments. Only took a minute or big deal.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2003, 02:33 AM
How to fix discoloration on screen

Okay, I asked my hubby how he fixed the discoloration on my screen. I have a ViewSonic Pro PF790 and this works for this model at least...he didn't know if the menu items are available on all models.

What you do is find the menu button on the front of the monitor then go to color purity. You can adjust color by area of screen there...upper right, lower left, center, etc. And you can also use the hourglass shape etc. to square up the corners of your screen and get everything nice and straight. On this model, at least.

Hope this helps.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2003, 02:32 PM
This is a different warmer yellowish color to the center of the screen with around three inches on the sides being much cooler color. It doesnt matter what the temp is set to this difference still shows. Color temp change should be even over the whole screen not variable. I called Viewsonic and he said it is defective. I just got it from Gateway and he said they should send a replacement and pick up this one. I called Gateway but the order hadn't even cleared yet so will have to call back next week.

I also tried two different cords on it and tried it plugged into the UPS and into the wall circuit. No difference anywhere.

My old Mitsibishi made Quantex monitor had adjustments to separately adjust color on the four corners but this one doesnt. This is the G90f Graphics series, not the Pro series. This monitor doesnt have controls to correct offset either. By this i mean what will show as a slight offset shadow color to text.

The Mitsubishi also gave numbers on the adjustment chart so you could change something and easily go back to what you had before which this one doesnt. However I thought that as that was just the standard that came with my computer, this Viewsonic would be much better and have at least teh same amount of controls

I have had two monitors that have given up the ghost, both from the on/off switch breaking. Now i dont use it and turn it off with the UPS.

Last edited by Schwartzie; 01-25-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware