Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Don't let this happen to you

Old 02-06-2003, 09:58 AM
I haven't tried compressed air, but the whole thing was wiped and vacuumed.

I bought yet another cartridge (my 3rd) and it did make the major lines go away. However, I still get the zillion tiny lines, about 1-2 mm apart, plus one darker line that prints in exactly the same place on every sheet.

If it had printed like this when I first got it, I would have just chalked it up to "laser printouts suck for graphics" and lived with it. At least I wouldn't have had the aggravation I shared with you all.

I happened across a web page that described the exact problem I was having, though in generic terms for laser printers in general, and it said it was caused by improper storage of cartridges. Since my first two cartridges had exactly the same problem, I must assume they were both improperly stored or handled (I suspect irradiation in shipment, since the guy I bought it from is military).
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2003, 02:23 PM
I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience. You still haven't said which printer you have there.

You aren't too far off about laserjets being not exactly ideal for some types of graphics. Presentation graphics are not too bad but high resolution pictures are touch for lasers because they are page printers. You have to have a lot of memory to use a laser for printing highres photos. Most of the new HP laserjets come with 32Meg of RAM standard now a days with options for more with expansion. I hope the problems clear up with use which is sometimes the case.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware