Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

Home Networking

Old 03-04-2003, 10:40 AM
Tyeise - A couple of ideas for you to try...if you haven't already! (I am by no means an expert at Networking )

- You might want to double check the names of each computer...make sure none have the same name and there are no spaces in the names.

- Double check the subnet mask on each computer...and make sure each computer has the same protocols, clients and services installed. (Since you have Win98 computers networked to a 2000 server, I think you need NETBEUI installed on all computers)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Greg - names were all ok. Server won't let more than one of the same name log on, gives you a message to that effect. Subnet mask was correct, as were the IP addresses and the DNS numbers. Also, WinXP does not support NETBEUI, so I can't use that. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Clare - Turns out that the problem was two-fold. I had to turn off the firewall on the XP machines, and I had to enter all the IP addresses into the trusted sites in the Internet Explorer.

I didn't get home till 8:40 tonight. I installed 6 computers between yesterday and today, and 2 printers on 12 different machines, as well as installing programs, email, etc. on all the machines, and troubleshooting other things in between! I think I'm going to go crash for the night!!!

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware