Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hardware Computers, displays, tablets, scanners, cameras, printers, etc.

sony or sony?

Old 05-25-2003, 09:56 AM
My mom has the camera (and manual) today, so I won't be able to answer all of your questions until I get the camera in my hands again. Still learning about it, so can't answer all of your questions off the top of my head. I do remember that at some point when I was using the manual focus ring, the image in the evf/lcd display automatically zoomed way in (not sure of the exact magnification) while I was handling the focus ring. I can't remember if it did that in all conditions though. I'll play with it and get back to you.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2003, 03:16 PM
just got back from Best Buy............

and played with the Sony 717. I must say, it handled much easier than I anticipated. The zoom control on the left was a little awkward, but not an insurmountalbe problem.

on ANY camera, I'm gonna need my specs to work the tiny buttons and it was a real hassle to remove the glasses for using the view finder.....them specs back on...specs off.....specs on......specs off......I felt like I was in a bad scene from the Karate Kid until I discoverd the diopter adjustment in the view finder.

that alone may sway me to the 717.

I'm holding out until I can try the DSC-V1 and give it a try, but the 717 is looking real attractive.

PS....I've pretty much ruled out the Mavica.

thanks again to everyone for the input!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-26-2003, 12:39 PM
Followed this thread - WOW you guys know your stuff ! ( I am a point and shoot type of girl)

I can only comment on what I own and how I feel about it. Our first digital was the Sony Mavic for the floppy disk (that was about 6 years ago). We were thrilled with the camera (at the time) and it's durability, and ease of use -- the kids even used it! The camera still works

We now have the Cyber-shot 3.3 DSC-F505V with the Ziess lens - (my camera), my husband has the DSC-9P with the underwater pack.

I think ease of use for the individual and quality that you are happy with should be a determining factor in your purchase also.

My husband HATES my camera, yet loves his for ease of use.

I am very happy with the Sony product -- wish you the best of luck in your shopping.

Let us know how you make out --- and most of all post us some of your results! lol
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Hardware