RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping Merging several different exposures into a single image

High Dynamic Range Tonemapping in CS2

Old 07-07-2006, 10:27 PM

Yes in that case that would be true but for me and the thread, I was comparing the HDR technique of PS with the linked software. It seems to handle the merge much better. This could proves very useful for HDR images which may hen be used in 3D apps and now in video.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2006, 11:07 AM

Hi everyone. I Just wanted to know if it is necessary to shoot 3 or more pictures with different exposures or can i change the exposure with photoshop and make a HDR image?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2006, 10:56 AM

You cannot just change the exposure as you are not gaining the detail lost in either Shadow or highlight these details are only available from the images taken with different settings on the camera. 3 or more are required to do this and to great the range needed to get the 32bit image.

Quote:
The intention is to accurately represent the wide range of intensity levels found in real scenes, ranging from direct sunlight to the deepest shadows.

This provides the opportunity to shoot a scene and have total control of the final imaging from the beginning to the end of the photography project. An example would be that it provides the possibility to re-expose. One can capture as wide a range of information as possible on location and choose what is wanted later.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2006, 06:00 PM

Thanks creeduk. but what i wanted to know is how to turn pictures of moving objects in to HDR. Could be "Raw shooting" the solution? or how can i shoot an image with 3 different exposures?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2006, 08:58 PM

Moving objects make for tricky HDR shots, you need a tripod you need to shoot bracketed and shoot as fast as possible. If the object is fast moving you will need some masking to get the final image correct, as long as the background has minimal move you should be able to pull it off.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping