Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping Merging several different exposures into a single image

HDR messing around

Old 11-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Re: HDR messing around
(About 45 mg)

(same image 4 mg)

My latest effort. It is actually 15 images. 3 exposures each bracketed at 1 stop. 5 images wide stitched togather. So in other words I put togather 5 HDR images and then stitched them. Photoshop was used for everything except I did the crop in lightroom because I like that crop tool better.
Only major change was that I had to take the boater from one image and layer him in as he was blurred in the HDRI.
I'd like any help about the one bad seam. It goes from blurry to sharp and I can't get it fixed. Do I have to blur into the sharp with a gradient to make it more natural or is there another alternative?

Sorry it took a minute to get back to you. I would try different exposures for sure. I have looked in all my tutorials and I can't find a recomendation. In fact it is hard to find much training info on HDR. Thing is auto exposer bracketing works well because I can set the 10 second timer and let it go so there is no shake. You couldn't get away with not touching the camera between shots if you did a greater range than what your camera will do by itself.

Last edited by crazyfly1; 11-15-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Re: HDR messing around

crazyfly that looks like some hard work went into it ( sorry cant help you with your problem though. maybe if you posted on the retouching forum someone there may well be able to help ) but i cant stop looking at those 2 tree trunks on the right, they really stand out like 3D amazing

Thanks for looking for a answer to my question funny how there is not a lot of info out there ? Trial and error seems to rule

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping