RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping Merging several different exposures into a single image

One file HDR

Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 AM

One file HDR

the hdr of this tonemapped picture created by the FDRT(http://www.fdrtools.com/front_e.php) shareware and the tonemapped by the qtpfsqui freeware, what is the most universal tonemapper what i've ever used.

what do you think about creating hdr from single file and how do you like this picture?

large ver.: http://www.retouchpro.com/gallery/sh...ze/big/cat/500

saby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mill.jpg (99.6 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by saby; 11-21-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2007, 01:02 PM

Re: One file HDR

Hello Saby...

I really like your HDR....I do many from just one photo and am usually pleased with the results....In Dynamic Photo there is the way to do with just one pic...there is a thread here and i posted some of mine done with one!

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/hdr...hoto-hdri.html

I shoot in RAW now and you get a good result from doing 3 or more pics with the exposure levels changed...when doing just one JPEG it can be very noisy so then you have to use a filter to take it away and then it will take some of the effect away too....The Qs program you mentioned i have just downloaded so will try to get to grips with it ....I have also been experimenting by taking the pic from one program to another...I really love the hdr effect wether it be subtle to enhance or extreme...depends on the photo!!!

Patricia........
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM

Hi Patricia,

thanx for Your kind words,

It was the first to do hdr from one jpg, U've right, at tonemapping (qtpfsqui fatal function) there was lots of noise, some afterwork needed, but what I really can't get: how could just one jpg contains that mutch detalis than raw or does it interpolated? I'll read this thread above...cheers

saby
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2007, 02:08 PM

To answer your questions Saby I like your image very much, Is it some sort of mill ?
and as for using one image if it works, it works ! ! ! !

I have used Qtpfsqui before, but since we changed pc I haven't re loaded it, even though it is only the trial i prefer hdri ( what Patracia uses )

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
To answer your questions Saby I like your image very much, Is it some sort of mill ?...
thanxa lot palms, and yes this is a mill from the XIX century, renewed at the '90, this is at Orfű (a little south village in Hungary)...

what do U think about qtpfsqui?

saby
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2007, 02:54 PM

Saby here is one i done using Qtpfsqui (#9)
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...rocky-mtn.html

It is ok to use but i didnt quite understand it all so just used to mess around with the buttons to see what would happen. I probably didn't give it a fair chance though

But it does come at a excellent price

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
Saby here is one i done using Qtpfsqui (#9)...
Hi palms,

It's very nice, I think U did it by the fatal function what is the most interesting tonemapper in qtpfsgui, the others for to displaying the hdr and the rest, I'd never used because I couldn't get good looking result. I think this software could get better career by another name

saby
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 PM

Very nice image and I liked the way it turned out. I think you get a much different look with tonemapping just the one image, doesn't look hdr, but still like it. It almost looks like LucisArt to some degree to me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-23-2007, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWThomp View Post
Very nice image and I liked the way it turned out. I think you get a much different look with tonemapping just the one image, doesn't look hdr, but still like it. It almost looks like LucisArt to some degree to me.
Hi Dennis,

I recognised some snapping in gradation, could I avoid that if I'd more than one shot or save it as raw? I'm realy new to hdr and photography as well, so I need some suggestions about: how to?

saby
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-23-2007, 06:54 AM

Nice one Palms....the colors are poppin and thats what we want......I love this tone mapping and if ever you have a pic that is underexposed if you put it into Dynamic Photo(must get hubby to treat you to the full version) it really saves the image and looks pretty good!!!

DWTomp....Lucis art is a brilliant plugin and you can do so much with it....its exciting though that there are many free HDR programs to play with too....

Saby....Always shoot in Raw for whatever photos you take....I was so nervous about it but when i started just a few weeks ago i chose the option where it took JPEG and RAW....When processing the RAW files do 3 or more...one normal exposure,1 +2 and 1 -2....you can do more variations if you wish...You will find the quality of your finished HDR a lot better and hardly any noise..My favorite filter in Photoshop for processing any kind of photo is Highlight and shadows...it does amazing things to your pics...just got into using the adjustment layers too....So much to learn and very far to go...but this is how i spend all my free time.....Try it and let me know how you get on!!!

Patricia...........
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping