RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping Merging several different exposures into a single image

Memories in HDR

Old 03-02-2009, 01:38 PM

Memories in HDR

Glasgow
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8...tonemapped.jpg

Oban
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2...onemapped2.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2009, 05:48 PM

Re: Memories in HDR

I took the time to look at both, and they are both very nice, I like the first better of the two.

Since you didn't ask any question I assume your just sharing them with everyone.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2009, 07:44 PM

Liked the first one more than the second.

However, I have to admit that the tonality of the second works for me.
Maybe slightly less HDR?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Willes View Post
I took the time to look at both, and they are both very nice, I like the first better of the two.

Since you didn't ask any question I assume your just sharing them with everyone.
Thanks!
Yes, i am just sharing, as i do what i like in HDR and they are shots taken by me, i can easily post the original or don't apply HDR, but just as change, i will show many photos later [in the future] without HDR, just enjoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lopes View Post
Liked the first one more than the second.

However, I have to admit that the tonality of the second works for me.
Maybe slightly less HDR?
Thanks!
I just don't post pure HDR all the time, and i know there are many many people don't like HDR even if it is more natural than most fake HDR, but i do HDR just for fun, no more no less.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 AM

I hope you did not mis-understand me, I like the HDR and I like the images, I just wanted to be sure you were not seeking someone's opinion as to any given aspect of the image.

Nothing wrong with sharing at all.

It gets tiring to always get the why didn't you do this or do that from other photographers when it's an image that you are just desiring to share.

Same is true on some images that you know you should have done this or done that, but you tried, but something prevented you in doing that which you know you needed to do, or the client would not allow you to place them in the right area.

This happens at weddings all the time, were they have this vision of an area to use but don't realize that at 12 noon it is the last place they want to do their portraits.

When I have images from an event that had to be done, and I see the problems, then I don't share them, because I don't need to hear it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Willes View Post
I hope you did not mis-understand me, I like the HDR and I like the images, I just wanted to be sure you were not seeking someone's opinion as to any given aspect of the image.

Nothing wrong with sharing at all.

It gets tiring to always get the why didn't you do this or do that from other photographers when it's an image that you are just desiring to share.

Same is true on some images that you know you should have done this or done that, but you tried, but something prevented you in doing that which you know you needed to do, or the client would not allow you to place them in the right area.

This happens at weddings all the time, were they have this vision of an area to use but don't realize that at 12 noon it is the last place they want to do their portraits.

When I have images from an event that had to be done, and I see the problems, then I don't share them, because I don't need to hear it.
Yes, i understand that, and believe me i have many many photos that i am happy with it but i am sure there are people will comment or critique one way or another, so either i shouldn't share/show them or i just tell people i am only to share those photos and not looking for any C&C.

In fact, i like what i do in HDR in most of my photos, i have some people who commenting about them, but also i have many people who really so interested about them so they asking me how i did or want to know my secret, in all cases it is not always i have to post or share photos only to get critiques, if i keep posting for 10 years asking for critiques then i should stop photography, but don't worry, i understand your points and in fact i know that you or others really want to say something or critique on my photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2009, 12:57 PM

I really like the 1st photo Tareq.

I am still learning HDR and was wondering if you could explain what you did to the original image on this one. Was this done with a fast shutter speed (making the image quite dark to begin with)?

Thanks! Steve.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenevermind View Post
I really like the 1st photo Tareq.

I am still learning HDR and was wondering if you could explain what you did to the original image on this one. Was this done with a fast shutter speed (making the image quite dark to begin with)?

Thanks! Steve.
I can do HDR on any shot i want, and if i have the RAW file then it will be easier and better.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 PM

Do you convert the RAW to some other format first before HDR?

Or do you work on the RAW file directly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tareq View Post
...if i have the RAW file then it will be easier and better...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lopes View Post
Do you convert the RAW to some other format first before HDR?

Or do you work on the RAW file directly?
Convert RAW to TIFF, then HDR
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > HDR, Panoramas and Tone Mapping