RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Errata

Old 03-09-2005, 01:57 PM

Errata

Richard

On page 50, in the steps for extracting luminosity from an RGB image, you name two layers Luminosity, and none Composite. The picture in the left margin, and the text in step 6, suggest you meant to say Composite in step 4. I suppose I should be glad to have a fast-ish machine, but it means that the Hidden Power tool for splitting luminosity runs too fast for me to be able to spot what is happening.

Have I worked it out correctly?

Regards

Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2005, 03:34 AM

Yes. This is already in the errata on the website.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2005, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Lynch
Yes. This is already in the errata on the website.

Thanks!
I am glad to see that there is an Errata page. But if I might suggest an addendum to the web site, perhaps the Errata could be easier to find? I now see that they are actually on the "Book" page, and from a logical association point of view, that is the correct place. Only they are not visible on screen, if you click to the "Book" page, at 1024x768 (at least, not in Firefox), nor is there a visible link to them, And as some of the links on retouch.pro to the errata for the old book no longer work, users could get the wrong impression....

Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2005, 12:08 PM

Doing what I can to update the site. I just did a major overhaul, and there are bound to be some problems. Biggest problem is I have a regular job and many many other requests...and no 'staff'. I had to take care of the Elements 3 readers before anything. Some of the old Elements 2 stuff will be coming back. It all takes time...As does doing the newsletter, writing the books, making the tools, and sleeping...

Thanks for the comments.

Richard

PS -- I am not sure what you mean by "they are not visible on screen". If not, how do you know they are there?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Lynch
Doing what I can to update the site. I just did a major overhaul, and there are bound to be some problems. Biggest problem is I have a regular job and many many other requests...and no 'staff'. I had to take care of the Elements 3 readers before anything. Some of the old Elements 2 stuff will be coming back. It all takes time...As does doing the newsletter, writing the books, making the tools, and sleeping...

Thanks for the comments.

Richard

PS -- I am not sure what you mean by "they are not visible on screen". If not, how do you know they are there?
Richard

First let me retract the observation that there is no visible link to them on the book page. I didn't see it until after I had committed the previous comment; whether this is because of the page layout or the colour scheme, I cannot say. Apologies, in any case.

What I meant about visible on the page - at this stage I was referring to the header1 tag Errata - is I had to scroll down on the page to find them.

But do I understand about the conflicting demands of writing, working, and hobbies. Big time.

Regards
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 08:18 AM

oh, no...you were right about the headers, I just fixed them while I was doing a few other adjustments to the code behind the scenes. I'll eventually get to sorting out the errata navigation...but I can't guarantee that will be right on top. Lots of things are a little too hard to get to right now...It mostly has to do with shying away from re-doing the home page...I was getting a good number of hits per day and didn't want to screw around with it a lot.

I may have to soon enough.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2005, 08:54 PM

The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 3.

Hi,

Can I ask which errata you are referring to?

When I view the Sybex Errata, I don't see any reference to page 50.

Like Mike, I understood that the layers on page 50. I am, however, confused on page 51.

Quote:
To view the image without the color, activate the Color layer and click its visibility toggle on the Layers palette to shut off the view.
Which color layer is being referred to? I only have three layers: luminosity, composite and background.

Perhaps this too is addressed on the errata?

I look forward to a response on the location of the errata as well as the color layer on page 51.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2005, 08:58 PM

Hi,

I found a different errata: http://hiddenelements.com/pe3book.html

Still confused on the "color" layer. Any help is most appreciated.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2005, 09:02 AM

I think you found the hiddenelements.com site which is where the real errata is. I don't depend on the publisher to keep errata on their site.

About Color...if you use the luminosity and color separation tool, this will have a color layer. That is what the reference adresses. If you are following the steps, then you only have luminosity as you suggest.

OK?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2005, 06:23 PM

Hi Richard,

Perfect, thank you for responding. I am slowly reading through your book. There is a lot there to learn for someone who is learning something completely new. But I am making good progress.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Kevin
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support