RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Completely Lost!

Old 03-16-2005, 11:48 PM

Completely Lost!

Well, I followed the installation instructions (I think - more on this later) opened Photoshop Elements 2 and started on the first lesson. Separated the colors, etc. then I came to the "Open Hidden Powers Tools". Where do I do this from? Where are the tools? I assumed they would be available after opening PS2. Please no snickers, but I wasn't quite sure of the target location to install to. I browsed and found the PS2 folder and installed it to the folder. Should there be some reference to Hidden Power Tools in the PS2 menu items? As you can see, I am completely in the darK! (No pun intended) I am running WIN98SE. I did manage to find the password.lol Please help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2005, 08:34 AM

I have installation and troubleshooting suggestions on the website:

http://www.hiddenelements.com/hppe2tool_ts.html

Please have a look at them, and then let me know if there is some specific spot where your question does not get answered or if things go wrong.

OK?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2005, 12:39 PM

Eureka!!! Thank you!

Hello Richard
Opened the "How to" pallette in PS2 and there they are! I have only had simple photo editing software (the programs that come with scanners, cameras, etc) up until this week but I had a LOT of different brands. I used them quite a bit but would have to accomplish a task in one then go to another to do something else, etc. Then I had a hard time remembering which did what. Anyway, I decided to invest in Photoshop 2 Elements thinking that it would serve as a pretty good all purpose program. I am a novice but I do play with my images frequently. Anyway - I received your book and software with PS2. This will be a new learning experience for me - which is what I enjoy most about using my computer. At this time I don't even have a clear understanding of what the tools will do but I have them so I am happy. I had them installed correctly and now I know where they are. Thank you for your quick reply - Marilyn
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-18-2005, 03:39 AM

Elements should provide you with a means of getting everything you need done in one program--especially if you have my tools. While there may be stuff you'll have to grow into, the book is meant to give someone who is interested a solid foundation in image processing. It was also meant to be read more than once.

Glad you are on your way!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support