Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Tell me about your CS book

Old 10-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Tell me about your CS book

I've noticed in your post that you have authored a few books and it looks like you have just released one on CS2? Or did I misread? Anyway I know I don't have any of your books on my bookshelf and I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about your cs or cs2 book and maybe what sets it apart from say a Kelby book (which for my taste seem very un-unique for the most part).
I have a CS book, but not a CS2 book. Regretfully the CS book didn't make a very big splash--perhaps because Hidden Power is associated with Elements...who knows. However, the techniques in the book come at Photoshop from a little different direction, and a much different one than Kelby.

Mine is not at all a tools-first approach. I show you how to take apart an image using layers and color theory. Instead of getting 'down and dirty' with one click tools and techniques that are perhaps a little less than satisfactory, I discuss how things work, and set about laying the groundwork for a unified approach to image correction. You learn how to manually separate RGB, CMYK and Luminosity and Color. You learn to handle spot color, duotones, and conditional blending. Mine is an advanced book for people who spend a lot of time with Photoshop and who has a need to understand what is going on -- it is not a book for someone who just wants one-click results, though I provice one-click tools.

Are you serious about photoshop?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support