RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Using Hidden Power Booster Elements

Old 04-03-2006, 08:04 AM

Using Hidden Power Booster Elements

A short time back I purchased the Hidden Power Booster Elements which included Curves Element, Swap Element, and Mask Element. I was wondering if there are user instructions for using these tolls or perhaps a tutorial. Frankly, I am having trouble using these tools, especially the Curves Element.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2006, 01:46 PM

The Curves plugin (http://aps8.com/booster.html) comes with instructions. They may be a little rough (I didn't write them, the manufacturer did), but they are in the package. Take a look in the folder where you unzipped the package.

I have a work-around for curves in the book, and I think it will do all you need...Come people insist on and like the Curves interface. The book comes with presets and a work-around that is used in examples in the book.

My book:
http://aps8.com/hppe4.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Re: Using Hidden Power Booster Elements

Richard,

I recently purchased your book and accompanying CD. I have been trying your work-around for Curves, but am having difficulty following steps 4 and 5 on p 115. Specifically, I insert the CD, open to CDChapterfiles>CH05>Hidden Power Curves Presets.psd, then double-click to open the Hidden Power Curves Presets.psd, and an image is generated that looks like the interface for curves. This is outside PSE4, and I can toggle between the two (PSE4 /the topmost layer of my image and the Hidden Power Curves Presets image), but cannot get them to interact, and I cannot generate your presets from which to choose. Do I install this (Hidden Power Curves Presets.psd) into PSE4, and if so, where? If not, could you please be more specific with regard to how to get these presets? If not installed, must I insert the CD every time that I want to use the Curves work-around?

Clearly, I am missing something! Thanks for your help!!!

Paulette
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2007, 03:29 PM

You will need to open the image from INSIDE Elements to use the presets. Just open the file -- no installation necessary.

You do not need to insert the CD every time, no. You can store the file on your system -- I believe it is pretty small! The file is just an image file with preset curves as layers. Just drag the layer you want to the image you are trying to correct -- that's it.

OK?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2007, 05:51 PM

Thank you for responding so quickly.

OK, and not OK... I can open the Curve preset file (now stored on my computer), and the presets do show up in the layer stack on the Layers palette. I clicked on one (any one), and tried to drag the curve layer to the image in the photo bin - the only way I can see the image that I have selected. I released, and nothing seems to happen. Just to make certain, I checked the edit to see if there is something to reverse, but there is nothing. And no additional layer was formed. Thinking that the results were too subtle to be observed, I tried this using almost all the layers, one at a time, with the same results - no change. I do not believe that I am applying the preset layer to my image. How can I do this?

Thanks, again, for you help!

Paulette
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Well, I have answered my own questions: I put both images in the window using Windwo>Images>Tile, so that I could toggle back and forth easily, as well as move the curve preset layer to my image. Works like a charm! Hopefully, I can proceed from here.

I do not know if these presets will be all I ever need, but I will use this technique until I feel the pull to have a curves interface.

Many thanks!

Paulette
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support