RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

FREE Hidden Power Tools for Elements 4.0

Old 12-29-2006, 04:38 PM

Re: FREE Hidden Power Tools for Elements 4.0

Not a problem...and I am, as expected, finding the book very helpful. As I understand it both authors and musicians get screwed over in regard to their contributions in getting CDs and books in consumers hands. You'd think this middle-man choke hold on creativity would be unraveling faster than it is with the ability of creative types reach their audience directly. I hope the next version is received as well as this version has been (and that you get the lions share of the revenue). Anyway, hope you had a great christmas and have a great new year. Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2006, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmacks
As I understand it both authors and musicians get screwed over in regard to their contributions in getting CDs and books in consumers hands.
It was odd, i made a good dollar on the Elements 2 book, and it went straight to hell from there. The publisher promised more and more and I got less and less -- according to their accounting, I owe them money. Here is a book that many many people have heard of, and the author can't support taking the time to re-write it...because it will cost him money.

I've just updated parts of my site and hope to complete more today. I released a free tool set for Elements 5 with 10 tools, and two other tool sets (infrared and BW conversions, and my Dynamic Image set) for Elements 4 and 5 users. I hope to have more tools out for Elements 5 shortly.

But you've got the right book for elements 4...and some minor haggling aside, it is one of the best I feel that I've written--hopefully one you can read many times at different levels of progress (not like some of the toss-away books people write). Sorry for the confusion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2007, 10:58 AM

I just got the v4 book. Are the 100 tools in the book the same as the 100 tools available for download? I am just learning the basics and don't want to start downloading all the plug ins that are available right now but I noticed that the price is about to go up.

I worked through barbra's book and have become addicted to PSE. I just finished Arraich's CD and am now on Kelby's book. I work many tutorials at about.com and Jay Arraich.com, the repetition and exact instruction helps me. I follow adobe's user forum and this one. Barbra replied to a post and Richard replied to one right after I purchased the books. It is really helpful when you are new and feeling dumb.

I am learning the basics and like what I see in this book, can not wait to get into it. I spend every day at learning. Mickey
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 06:42 AM

Information about the download is on the page:

http://hiddenelements.com/elements4_tools.html

The paid set is the same as the one included with the book.

The free tools include a few updates and additional tools not released with the set.

OK?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 12:12 PM

Hi Richard, I would really love to try your free tools for elements 4. I have requested a download link but it keeps taking me back to the request download link page.
I have heard so much about your tools and they look like what I need to make my life easier. I am a volunteer at Operation Photo Rescue and am finding myself a bit behind the 8 ball by only having elements, I think your tools will help me out tremendously.

Regards Vicki.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 12:14 PM

Please ignore my last reply, found it now..DOH!
Thanks Richard.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 01:22 PM

Vicki,
Ooops...while I was replying you added a response. Glad you cleared up the confusion!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 07:10 PM

Thanks Richard, I think I'll work through the book and learn to use the tools included there before I order any more.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support