Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

PSE2 or 3?

Old 11-15-2006, 02:06 AM
PSE2 or 3?

I have always been a staunch in-camera negative shooter working with large format 8x10 and 8x20 cameras. I contact print in Platinum so this requires a large negative in the work flow. Recently I saw some platinum prints made with enlarged digital negatives and I was totally impressed with the quality. So I have decided to tackle the learning curve of photoshop before investing in a quality scanner and printer. My mac came with photoshop elements 2 and I just received the hidden power book for PSE2. But I may have jumped the gun. My question is would it be better for me to upgrade to PSE3 and purchase the hidden power 3 book and cd for editing digital negatives since I can work with a 16 bit file with 3 where as I am limited to 8 bit with 2? I will apologize in advance for my novice questions because there will probably be more to come. After looking at photoshop CS2 I was so overwhelmed that photoshop elements seemed to be my best approach. You know what they say about teaching an old dog new tricks so I appreciate your patience. Thanks, Robert
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support