Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

New to the Forum

Old 04-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Re: New to the Forum

I'm a bit chagrined to learn than there isn't a difference between "spamming" and "announcing" to those who run forums. To me there is a large difference between someone who replies to nearly every post with "I've got a great product that will solve your exact problems for only $4999.95!!" and a statement in a forum such as this. This is precisely set up to support your work (and others in other forums, of course), and it seems silly to say that you can't advertise the very products that folks would likely come here to learn about.

But, you have more experience, so you're undoubtedly correct, alas...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Re: New to the Forum

Just to clarify, I'm free to say what I want here...Doug N. who runs the forum invited me here just for the purpose, and appears to have the right idea about information being exchanged on forums. However, I see a lot of other people go to OTHER forums to ask questions about my tools where I can sometimes not even answer a direct question without reprimand. (there was a guy bob hill on Adobe's forum who'd not even let me use my email address...)

Try announcing a pay-for-it product on the Adobe site forums and see if the post doesn't mysteriously disappear.

I've been banned from dpreview previously because my signature had my website address.

My posts have been deleted more than once from forums, likely because I'm not running with NAPP. (well, er, um, I sortof have had issue with David Cross who I accused of being a cheapskate for offering $50 for an article when I normally get $500).

On the other hand a few sites are great:,,

Several more are tolerant but will frequently let me know if they think I'm responding to queries too much. I try to redirect people here.

The thing that gets me is if I mention the tools it is usually the FREE ones...But I do butt in on conversations that are entirely wrong "you can't save a CMYK file in Elements" "Elements doesn't have curves" "can't do color balance" "Can't play actions"...Often advice comes from Photoshop users who have never opened Elements. I just try to set them straight ;-)

The problem is I go in honestly using my real name, instead of sneaking in and posing a stupid lead in like "Anyone ever tried these Hidden Power tools? I found them here: -- Joey Daylights"

I'm not good at sneaky...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support