Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

The Hidden Power of PSE 5 book

Old 05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
The Hidden Power of PSE 5 book

Hi everyone.
I'm also waiting for the book for PSE 5 to be published.
I still haven't read all of the PSE 4 book though.
I have managed to make the tools for the PSE 4 book run with PSE 5 without any difficulties. The thumbnails for the tools are missing in PSE 5, but I can live with that. It's more important for me that the tools are working.
I still want to upgrade the tools and buy the book for PSE 5 whenever it's released. Hopefully very soon

Best regards
Roland Hansen
Denmark (Europe)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2007, 01:06 AM
Re: The Hidden Power of PSE 5 book

Hello Roland...

Welcome to RetouchPRO and congratulations on getting the HPE 4 tools working with 5.

I believe I read that Richard recently finished the writing and the new edition will be published within a few months.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Re: The Hidden Power of PSE 5 book

There will not be an Elements 5 book from me...I was diverted by a PHOTOSHOP book project. My new book is The Adobe Photoshop Layers Book -- out in July.

I will be coming out with new tools for Elements 5. Some of the old ones from Elements 4 may work, but certainly not optimally. I'm currently testing two additions: Classic Curves (a more powerful Curves tool bundled with an explanatory chapter), and Magic Mask (Blend If functions for quick, powerful masking options in Elements). Regretfully updating my online courses is getting in the way (see them on Photoshop 101, From Monitor to Print: Photoshop Workflow, and Leveraging Layers). The updates need to be done for one course this week. I'm updating so both Elements and Photoshop users can take the courses (Mac or PC, of course!) for various versions of the programs (Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 and CS3; Photoshop Elements 3, 4, and 5).

I haven't forgotten Elements 5 users...Just too much to do!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support