Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Suggested new feature

Old 07-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Suggested new feature

I have a suggestion for a useful extension to the hidden elements. This would restore some of the functionality we had in a previous standard PSE version: I can't remember whether it was PSE2 or PSE3.

I want to be able to automate the translation of my photos from 300ppi to 72ppi, then save them for the Web. For some reason the "Process Multiple Files" option does not allow me to do this as a batch anymore. No matter which quality I choose, the resulting saved images are bigger (much bigger) than the originals. Now I realise this could be a feature (you can only get so much data into 640K, ROFL), but I have checked there are no PSE5 updates available.

I imagine this would not be enormously difficult for you to automate? And I hope it will be possible to get this into the book; which I (and no doubt your other readers) await with impatience.

Kind regards
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Re: Suggested new feature

Hi Michael...

Richard is among the busiest people on the planet and sometimes is unable to reply right away, but definitely reads them.

Thanks for taking the time to writeup your suggestion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Re: Suggested new feature

Originally Posted by Michael Murphy View Post
I imagine this would not be enormously difficult for you to automate? And I hope it will be possible to get this into the book; which I (and no doubt your other readers) await with impatience.
It may not be terribly difficult, but I don't have unlimited time, as Danny suggests. You see there is the regular job, and then books and articles, and forums and blogs, and tools and beta testing and support materials and supporting users, websites to build, classes to teach (year round, editing for others, and if I have the time, my images to shoot and correct ... oh yes, and then there is a family. I don't have a staff.

Of all the tools I created, the batch tools were least downloaded, so they get a lower priority. The 100 tool set has high priority, and I actually make a few bucks on those and don't have them done yet, so you might imagine batch tools are a little ways off. I will keep them in mind, however.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support