RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Installation program not responding

Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 PM

Newbie Installation program not responding

I am using PSE4 Macintosh. I have double clicked on the HPPE4_Mac icon. I get through the accept dialog box. The program then displays "Preparing to install". Nothing happens. Force quit indicates that the installer is not responding. What should I do?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Re: Installation program not responding

As an update:What I ended up doing, and I this seems to work, is that I installed the items on a win XP machine from the CD. I then dragged them over to the mac and manually put them into the preview folder. I deleted the cashe files and then everything worked as expected. I just think I should be able to use the Mac installer. Are the Mac tools the same in form and function as the PC tools?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2007, 06:40 PM

Nothing you are saying here makes any sense. How are you 'dragging the mac installation' from the XP windows machine to the mac? These are two distinct operating environments. If you are geting one to work on PC and you think you are on a Mac, maybe you are on a PC after all?

You may think my instructions are confusing, but what am I to make of the description of the problem? Please try again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2007, 07:09 PM

Richard: The CD you provide has an installer for Mac and a installer for a PC. I have one of each. I took the cd and installed the tools to a file on the PC and then I transferred them via ethernet to my Mac. I then installed the tools into PSE. It seems to work fine. So I ask are the PC tools the same as the Mac tools? How do I make the original Mac installer work?
Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2007, 07:16 PM

The too,s are the same but the installers are not. I created separate PC and mac installers because one would not work the same way on both. I work on Mac so I am POSITIVE the installer works for mac. I work on PC at work and tested that there...so I am POSITIVE that works as well. Perhaps there is something wrong with your computer, perhaps you have not folowed the instructions, perhaps you have a firewall, virus protection, or something else that keeps you from making the installation. All I know is that on a machine without incidental software (I do not use virus protection for Mac), the installation works fine. shut off things that are blocking the installation and it will work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2007, 07:51 AM

I was thinking that the problem might have to do with file and folder names. For instance is the installer looking for a folder adobe photoshop elements 4.0 or photoshop elements 4.0?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support