RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

FREE 6.0 Tool beta

Old 01-15-2008, 06:59 AM

FREE 6.0 Tool beta

I just completed the Elements 6.0 free tool set. Please send me an email
and I'll forward the file to you. It contains the tools and installation
instructions. I will be making a complete installer at a later date.
Installation requires copying and deleting several files.

Please use the subject:
Elements 6.0 Tools

Send to:
richard@betterphoto.com
OR
thebookdoc@aol.com

I'll be interested in your feedback! This early version of the tools does
not come with instructions, but there are tool descriptions on my
hiddenelements.com website for the 5.0 tools.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2008, 01:23 PM

Re: FREE 6.0 Tool beta

Richard,
I have your Beta in Elements #6 and they work fine.(I also have your tools and the book for Elements #2) I just downloaded a trial Ps cs3, and wondered, how do you get a Hilight/shadow mask in cs3? I ordered you book on PS Layers, does the CD in that book have a HiLight/Shadow mask ?

Love, Vjim
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2008, 06:46 AM

Vjim,
You can load actions made for Elements into Photoshop using the Actions palette. Just drag them in. The CD has something I think is better than a H/S mask...check out the BlendIf tools.

You can use the channels to load highlight and shadow selections. Command+click / Ctrl+click on the RGB channel thumbnail will load the channel as a selection (for a shadow mask) and inverting the selection will create a highlight mask. BE AWARE, that if you want to convert these to actual masks (rather than selections) filling a layer mask with black will produce the OPPOSITE result; where adding the layer mask with the selection active will produce the same.

OK?

Richard
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 PM

Richard,

Now that PE version 6 for Mac is available, will your tools be forthcoming?

Thanks
Pete
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-27-2008, 05:38 AM

I am hoping to make a lot of things available...regretfully time is an issue. I am currently working 2 FT jobs and teaching a course at a local college in addition. I have a re-write of my layers book coming up...and I wish I could get a handle on a central area for those interested in Elements that might make putting in the effort worth it. I found the 'if-you-build-it-they-will-come' mentality has not materialized.

That said, I have some great things developed that I hope to have some down time to make available, and I have planned to update the hiddenelements site with at least the free Elements 6 tools. Its this darned problem of having to earn a living that keeps getting in my way!

Postscript - the tools for 6.0 can be had by requesting in an email.

Last edited by Richard_Lynch; 03-27-2008 at 05:40 AM. Reason: The darned thing keeps turning PS into Photoshop...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 AM

Just to get this quite right in my mind. I have PE4 for Mac with Hidden Tools. I can upgrade this to PE6 for Mac without first removing Hidden Tools, some of which may not be fully functional pending a possible 6.0 Tool beta for the Mac, the recently announced 6.0 Tool beta being for Windows only?
Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Tony
I am on a Mac and I e-mailed Richard and received the beta Tools for 6.0. Th only difference was the instructions were for Windows---but easy to figure out. Installed in a few minutes and everything worked perfectly.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2008, 04:47 AM

"Just to get this quite right in my mind. I have PE4 for Mac with Hidden Tools. I can upgrade this to PE6 for Mac without first removing Hidden Tools, some of which may not be fully functional pending a possible 6.0 Tool beta for the Mac, the recently announced 6.0 Tool beta being for Windows only?"

Tony,
Elements 6 tools work on Mac and PC just like every other version. Some require different installers. Elements 4 tools work with Elements 4; Elements 6 tools work with Elements 6. People say they use other sets by adapting them...but a significant number of the tools may not work, and they certainly won't be updated. I'd stick to using the proper tools for the proper versions. I can only provide so much tech support ;-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyB View Post
Tony
I am on a Mac and I e-mailed Richard and received the beta Tools for 6.0. Th only difference was the instructions were for Windows---but easy to figure out. Installed in a few minutes and everything worked perfectly.
Pete, it would be a great public service if you'd be willing to reply here and post instructions for where/how to install for a Mac! (If you're willing, of course!).

Thanks.

Edit:
With the help of a little Googoling, I think I've figured it out. I'll try to put together an instruction sheet and post it here over the weekend (or sooner, if I can grab the time).

Last edited by camner; 04-03-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2008, 11:35 PM

I, too, own the PSE 3 Hidden Tools book to go with my PSE 3. I have finally upgraded to the new PSE 6 and am looking forward to using the channels, which appear in many online Photoshop tutorials.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support