RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Can't Download Hidden Tools for PSE-5 HELP!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:27 AM

Re: Can't Download Hidden Tools for PSE-5 HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Diego View Post
Richard:
I have concluded that there is no such a thing as a free download. If there is one, where it is? I can't find it.

FRUSTRATED TO THE MAX,

Don
Sounds exactly like the problem I'm having and, like you, no response.

John
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2008, 12:50 PM

Don and John,
Have a look at this other thread:
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/hid...ools-pse5.html
The free tools are really free, you don't have to donate. If you cannot solve your ftp problem, you'll have to get an answer from Richard as explained. It may be longer than you wish, but you won't be ignored...
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2008, 02:35 PM

Mitchel, I'll aprecialte you concern and your help you are truly very kind. All I want to know it where they are once I find the download i can take care of the rest. the problem is I can't find were to click to get the download going.
For example when Graffi or any other website offer a free download it says click Here and done. The download take place, the zip file get's to my desktop and I unzip and install it in Elements without any problems.

But the way Richard set up his is new to me. He sent you and email with a link that send you back were you started. It reminds me of the Tom and Jerry cartoons,LOL.
Frustrating my fried frustrating to say the list.

don

Last edited by Don Diego; 01-27-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2008, 03:04 PM

Don,
(Also have a look at your mailbox at creativeelements).
I have checked that when you click 'Request download link' and fill the request, you get an email with a download link, as you said.
The download link gets you to a ftp server: ftp://thebookdoc.com
You can see several links, including one with a zip file, and the last line prompts you to right click on this 101 kb zip file.
Your browser (IE or firefox) then downloads the zip file to your disk.
This is very quick.
From what you say, I assume you have received the email and may have already downloaded the zip file without knowing it. Do a search for HPFT51.zip if you went that far.
About installing the tools for PSE4 for PSE5, Richard's answer prompted me to test installing the tools without having PSE4 already installed. The installation procedure prompts you to install the effects in the default directory, but you can create one. Then you have all your actions (atn and psd) available.
Now you can install them manually in PSE5 or PSE6. This has been discussed in various threads. By the way, the book gives you the password.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2008, 03:05 PM

Mitchel and others:
One thing I notice and Richand can correct me if I'm wrong and that is that the link do not go to what I call "generic" web addresses like soso@yahoo.com it must be like soso@aol.com at least that was my experience this morning. I will try again now with another email address and see what happen.
I'm using IE-7 and my security is done by Avast.
don
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2008, 03:15 PM

Don,
We were writing at the same time, our posts crossed themselves...
The address you noticed is a ftp (file transport protocol ?) server. The ftp servers are dedicated tools to transfer files and are much more efficient that normal downloads. Firefox as well IE can download files, you don't need an additionnal ftp client software. Check my previous post, chances are the zip file may already be on your disk.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2008, 10:09 PM

The web site states what browsers to use. This is because they need to be FTP compliant. To support the free downloads, i need to do it so it doesn't cost me a ton and so I can track it. This is what you 'pay' for to have the convenience of the tools.

If you are not getting mail, it is likely your client, your service, i can check the process behind the scenes to be sure it is working IF you tell me the item, but I just tried it, I use the same process for all the freebees, and I got the email.

Your mail is being blocked.

If you do not have the link, after getting the email, it is because you are not reading HTML email, but text only...HTML is safe and more feature-filled, and offers me the opportunity to embed a link. Switch to HTML mail browsing and open the email again...a link will appear like magic.

michael, thanks for reinforcing the idea that i'm not trying to rip people off on free tools.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support