RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Can't Download Hidden Tools for PSE-5 HELP!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:45 AM

Can't Download Hidden Tools for PSE-5 HELP!!!

Dear Mr. Richard Lynch:

I just received both your Layers book and The Hidden Power Book for Photoshop Elements-4 that I purchased from amazon.com. I don't have Photoshop Elements-4 on my Windows PC I have Photoshop Elements-5.

I can't download from the CD that comes with the book the FREE actions. When I go to the website to download the tools for Photoshop Elements-5 it is asking me to pay for the download. I have assume that those actions are different than the ones that come with the book.

What do I have to do to be able to download the FREE tools that come in the CD to my PSE-5 program?

I'm looking foward to your pronto reply.

Regards,
Don Diego

Last edited by Don Diego; 01-25-2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: change wording
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2008, 12:48 PM

Re: Can't Download Hidden Tools for PSE-5 HELP!!!

Don Diego, by looking at his site there is only one set that is free, the rest you have to buy using PayPal. PayPal is easy to use if that is a concern of yours.
p.s. it's me suzi from PCEC
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2008, 01:23 PM

Dear Ivonne:

What I'm trying to do is download the 100 tools offered on the Hidden Power 4 book companion CD which to my understanding are free with the purchase of the book if I understand it correct. A'm I wrong?

I have no problems with Pay Pal as I used them for my photography business.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 PM

I just read your postdata my beloved friend. I'm sssoooo happy that you are here. You made my day amiga.

Last edited by Don Diego; 01-25-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: this program changed my wording
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2008, 02:31 PM

Thank you, Don Diego. Is there a code with the CD or DVD that maybe you have to enter to get the download as offered. I bet there is
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Yvonne,
I was in touch with Don Diego, and I advised him to post here. The problem is that the password included in the book is of no use, since the installer in the CD tests first if PSE4 is installed on the computer. Obviously, this is a prerequisite for installing the components in the proper directories.
For users of PSE4 wanting to reinstall the actions in PSE5 or PSE6, they have to know how and where to copy the components (or use Grafi's Add-O-Matic) but they can do it from the previous installation in PSE4.
If Don Diego can get hold of a PSE4 copy (even trial version), he could do it, and I could help him to reinstall them in his PSE5 version. Otherwise, he would need the resulting .atn files.
Thanks for your interest and help. I know that providing an installer for PSE5 and PSE6 would be a very heavy task (assuming all tools work in PSE5 or 6). Maybe Richard would not object providing the .atn files, since payment is not an issue?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2008, 07:37 PM

Yvonne, Mitchel has given an excellent explination of the problem.
Thank you Mitchel.
As Mitchel has stated if I can get the .atn files I will have no problem downloading to PSE-5 I will use Graffi's installer and Bingo problem solve. Let's see what Richard answer to this problem will be.

Ivonne and Mitchel, I'm sure that I'm not alone with this problem. There must be thousands of other people in the same boat as me. Maybe Richard has figure out a way to provide the .atn files to persons with this problem by now. If not then I will respectfully suggest to him to come up with a simple way to download them.

I also tried to download the FREE tools that Richard offers at the website. I received a message that an email was sent to me with a code or something to be able to make the download. I did that at 2:00Pm this afternoon it's now 9:30PM and I have not received the email as yet. I now rest my case and awaite for Richards reply.
Thank's for your help Ivonne and Mitchel.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2008, 09:51 AM

Richard's answer to the problem is severalfold...

Michael, the assumption that the program checks for Elements 4 isn't entirely correct. What the installer does is try to stop you from just installing the files willy-nilly to some directory you choose at random and expecting that they will work. People do that, and I like to make my technical support needs low so that:

*people are happy with the product
*people can get it to work easily

Some of the discussion here has me a little edgy, just because in the long run I become responsible for making hacks work. I wish I had the time. If I did I'd have the tool sets for Elements 5 out (and the free Elements 6 tools out as well -- along with the plethora of new tools I've packed away).

Don, I have not released the 100 tool set for PSE5, and if I do release it (I'm still not sure) I can't be positive the tools all work 100% as I'd like in Elements 5, and there may be some technical enhancements I'd refer to place in them to adjust behavior. You can try a manual install of the files and install them -- you don't need graffy's anything. All you need to do is put them in the right place. My readme does, I believe, discuss manual installation, which is as easy as either making a folder called Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 and running the installer -- and then finding the corresponding folders in 5 for the installation. Please see the 5.0 free tools for that information. The Elements 4 tools on the CD come with the book. Any i make available for Elements 5 will be an additional charge as they will require additional time, research and development.

Right now I have 2 full-time jobs and I am teaching a college course. This is not to whine about my workload, but to let you know I don't have a lot of time -- THIS month. February looks like it will be a little easier, and I have some things ready that i'd like to make available. The best prodding is done sending me emails, as then i know people actually want the stuff. It does make a difference in how i allocate my time. I am glad to see more activity on this forum, and it may spur me to action.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2008, 04:13 PM

Richard, I have desided to forget about downloding the tools from the book CD and will download the free new tools for elements 5 and purchase the other two sets of tools the B+W and the Dynamic Images.

By the way, I tried to download the free tools twice but have not get a reply since yesterday at 2pm. The email i posted was dondiegophoto at yahoo dot com but nothing has been received. If I'm having problems with the free download I'm afraid I will have problems with the one I'll be paying for also. I don't want to proceed and make an investment until I make sure the free downloads are properly install and working. I hope you understand my position.

Would you be so kind and send me the code I need to proceed with the free download.
Thank you,
Don
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2008, 08:20 AM

Richard:
I went back to Request a Download Link and entered a different email address and got the link. But there was no actual link to a free download other than the same Request a Download Link. But the $5.00 link was available. I tried it. I have concluded that there is no such a thing as a free download. If there is one, where it is? I can't find it.

FRUSTRATED TO THE MAX,

Don
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support