RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Cannot get Hidden Elements 5

Old 01-26-2008, 12:46 PM

Angry Cannot get Hidden Elements 5

I've made more than one attempt to get the download FTP link - I get the message that an email has been sent but it never arrives. I've checked my spam trap - it's not there either. Is this a ruse to force you to donate? I would be prepared to donate if it works!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2008, 01:55 PM

Re: Cannot get Hidden Elements 5

In fact I've now actually tried the "donate" option - that link doesn't work either. All I get is a Paypal page with a "retry" option.

Please help!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2008, 09:57 PM

If you believe it is a Ruse, please do not participate. The items are totally free if you have the technical ability to receive email and follow an FTP link. I don't need business from people who want to accuse me of trying to force a donation. I've been doing this for a long time...I'm not about to start cheating to make a $5 "sale".

You may have introduced a typo, you may have a spam filter issue, you may have some other helpful service on you IP or even your email client that is blocking HTML email or email with links...look into it. Don't you think that if this was the case that hundreds of people would be here complaining!?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Lynch View Post
If you believe it is a Ruse, please do not participate. ....You may have introduced a typo, you may have a spam filter issue, you may have some other helpful service on you IP or even your email client that is blocking HTML email or email with links...look into it. Don't you think that if this was the case that hundreds of people would be here complaining!?

Richard, that remark was tongue-in-cheek and was not meant to offend - I'm sorry if it did. You will also see that I did try the subscription route and that didn't work either. I've tried both routes several times now, with no success. There are definitely no typos, it's not being spam trapped and my ISP does not block any of the the types of email to which you refer - I get them all the time. I had hoped from some help here, especially since I am not alone in having this problem - see other threads. Disappointing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2008, 05:43 PM

The "Donate" link seems to be working now (there was a glitch), and I would certainly like to donate. Alternatively, is there a complete suite of tools (for purchase) that contains the Hidden Tools (I especially want to add channels)? The only problem I have is that, for some reason, I never get the FTP link by email - tried again and again tonight. (I assure you I do know how to use email and FTP clients - have been using PC's for about 20 years since the days of DOS 3.3 and have made hundreds of successful internet transactions). Am I likely to have exactly the same problem (i.e. no link) if I donate or pay? And is there a way around this?

Apologies for any earlier misunderstandings!

Regards

John
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-30-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngie View Post
I am not alone in having this problem.
What is the problem exactly? I have tried to reproduce on various machines and various browsers and can't It works for me every time: PC, Mac, Firefox, IE. You must either be using some type of security that is clipping the emails or using an unsupported browser, or something...It can't work for me and not you. Please come forth with details and I'll see if there is a solution, but right now I have tested and there is no issue.

If you provide URLs, platform/OS, browser and version there may be something to solve...right now my testing says it works. I can't fix it on your computer if it is already working, but I can clarify issues you may be missing. Most likely is spam blocking.

I see there is a later message saying the site was working...yet I didn't change anything. Can you tell me what you changed on your end?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 AM

PS -- you should not be using an FTP client. These links were set up to be used with FTP compliant BROWSERS that can work with both HTTP and FTP.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 AM

PSS -- if you are getting an email with no link, you are reading text only email. Switch to HTML email and the link will appear.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support