RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Paths Elements - Big Disappointment!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:19 AM

Re: Paths Elements - Big Disappointment!

I can do it in Photoshop, but need to be able to do it in Elements, and Elements lacks a Paths tool. I haven't found a workaround for this, if you can suggest one I'd be very grateful.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2009, 05:31 PM

I can re-create my Elements tools for path making if you'd like. I thought you were doing it with an action for Elements...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 PM

I'm sorry, I think I'm confusing you and I don't mean to. What I am doing is taking my actions for Photoshop and converting them to run in Elements--so far in Elements 5 through 7, since I have testers for those versions and I have version 6 myself. Most of my actions create a path from an image (a rasterized shape, rasterized text, or line drawing) chosen by the user, then convert that selection to a path, and then stroke the path with either a user selected brush or a brush chosen by the action. What do I need to do to allow Elements to run these actions? If you have a tool that lets Elements create paths, that sounds ideal for my purposes!

Thanks so much for working with me on this, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. If you can create a paths tool for Elements, I think you would have a good customer base among digital scrapbookers!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2009, 08:40 AM

Elements will run certain path commands through actions. Without troubleshooting your action I can't tell you what might be going wrong -- only that from what you describe, you should be able to do what you want...without any help from me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2009, 02:12 PM

Thanks, Richard, I hadn't tried to run my actions that use paths in Elements because from everything I'd read I figured they wouldn't work. But I just heard from my tester that the paths do seem to work in the actions she has tried in Elements, so looks like I just got a lot of bad info online--I should have come here first!!! I only got Elements a week ago on the disc with my pen tablet, so I am a REAL newbie! This forum is a godsend, and I appreciate all your extremely helpful comments. You rock!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2009, 06:17 AM

Don't read elsewhere. There are a few things I don't know about this, but most people who say "you can't" are wrong. They say you can't do a CMYK separation in Elements, and I can do that. Several other things that are 'impossible' as well...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 PM

Thanks, Richard. I wish I'd found this forum earlier, but now that I have I will be sticking close right here, you can be sure of that! You have the best and most comprehensive information for users of Elements, and Photoshop, too, for that matter.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2009, 05:28 AM

Just an update--I have 6 of my Photoshop Actions now converted for Elements 5, 6 and 7--previews HERE. Thanks a bunch for your help, Richard!!! It's challenging figuring out workarounds for things like the "make layer" command in Photoshop (putting layer styles on separate layers) but I'm learning a lot about both Photoshop and Elements.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support