Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

New to Elements 7

Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 AM
New to Elements 7

I'm an After Effects using that wanted to be able to import PSD files with layers and Elements seems to work well (which is good since I can't afford PhotoShop right now).

However, I see that when working in Elements, I can't pull guides from the rulers, which is something I've grown acustom to in other programs. Are there guides for Elements 7? Do I need the tools that are specified for the earlier versions of Elements?

Hope this makes sense and sorry if this a NOOB question. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Re: New to Elements 7

Click on >View >Grid. Is that what you mean?

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-05-2009, 06:21 PM

AE and many other applications have moveable guides, usually pulled from the ruler. I see PhotoShop Elements only has guide presets and doesn't seem to allow for the movement of the guides. A grid is usually a visual annoyance, to me.

Anyway, Ulead Photo Impact has moveable guides and I believe PaintShop does as well.

Am I missing some setting within Elements or does it simply not have guides that can be dragged onto the workspace?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg aescreenshot.jpg (89.5 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2009, 09:15 AM

there are no guides. I can make guides appear, but Adobe, in their infinite wisdom, has chosen to make even those uneditable. That is, you roll over a guide and you will not be able to move it once it is in place.

I could make a routine that creates a guide that would be an image object rather than a non-printing guide, and/or I can make the guides I can do (you have to assign a placement via a dialog) but you won't be able to move them.

Let me know if you are interested.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support