Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Unable to download Hidden Tools

Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Re: Unable to download Hidden Tools

You should use caution downloading when you don't know the source, and if the site you are visiting is not attached to someone who might have a reputation to uphold. You can find me if you need to. These files are checked for viruses, and there is nothing remotely dangerous on my site...You are more likely to download something harmful just surfing the web than you are to get something bad from my site. I am very conscious of the issues.

Speaking of issues...the issue here was either that the original poster was not using the right browser type or they were behind some robust security. There is nothing wrong with the links. The password above is not correct, and if it were it would not be a good idea to publish it in a public place like this forum, unless you'd like people to start using it to rip me off ;-) I push people to an FTP for the download, and the browser needs to be able to handle that. Some browsers, like Safari, do not.

As far as being careful with the installation -- you have to work very hard and do things quite differently than they are in the instructions to harm anything in the program or your system, and if you do, a simple reinstall of the program will fix whatever you do. Just follow the instructions I include with the package and on the web site, which are quite specific, and if you have questions...ASK.

It is not recommended to be using Elements 2 on Vista. Elements 2 was built LONG BEFORE Vista was even a gleam in the eye of Microsoft, and the file installation and structures do not match the Vista structures...I think you are bound to have trouble. Elements 7 is like $60 at amazon: Might be time to upgrade.

I hope that helps.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support