RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Paid for Product, Never Received Download Link

Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Paid for Product, Never Received Download Link

This is a message to Richard Lynch, or anyone representing his company, as I've tried emailing him and have gotten no response.

This past Sunday (Aug. 23rd), I placed an online order via paypal for the product "Hidden Power 100 Tools for PSE 4." At the end of the transaction, when it was time to receive the download link, I received some sort of error message about being redirected to "non-secure" link... seeing this error message, I closed the window.

I hadn't seen the part of your site that says "download link provided on the receipt page," and just figured, like most orders of this type, that the link would be emailed to me after the transaction (see e-junkie.com).

Anyway... shortly after that, I sent an email to the aol email provided on the site. I have not heard back from anyone. I figure that's your "public" email address and as such it's probably packed full with thousands of emails that may take months to get read...

Please check your PayPal transaction records for transaction ID:
07K9251561305773X

And if you could, would you please forward me the download link information so we can complete the transaction?

Feel free to use the email address in the PayPal transaction record.

Thank you very much in advance for your prompt assistance... and for developing your tools packs...

Good Day.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2009, 08:16 AM

Re: Paid for Product, Never Received Download Link

a 'non-secure' link message (not an error) is just telling you that you are being redirected to another site that is not https. It is nothing to worry about. That is, the paypal receipt page address was https://www.paypal.com[etc.] and you were going to http://thebookdoc.com. The process is mean to be automated because manual fulfillment takes too much time and delay. That you 'closed the browser' is not a tragedy, but you stopped a perfectly good transaction from completing. There is nothing threatening about going to a non-secure page. The page you are reading now is not secure... I would not tend to enter financial information in to a non-secure page, but that's about the crux of the difference. Don't mistake 'error' for 'information'.

In any case, I have not received any email from you that I know of. Please send an email to thebookdoc@aol.com and use a succinct Subject line, Like Hidden Power Tool Download.

As far as mailing links...I don't think that is more successful than supplying an immediate download as half the time the email will go to spam, and then people will be railing me for not sending the emails. It is also a new level of complication: you are already in your browser and paid...why not go right to the download?

Anyway, I fill all orders. Even the ones where people panic and close the browser during the transaction. Send an email as suggested, be sure you are sending to the right address, and I'll fill the order manually. If you don't get a response in 48 hours, send another email and request a response... I'm no criminal and have no need to steal a few bucks from anyone.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2009, 03:16 PM

Richard, thanks for your reply... I want to say for the record that I never thought you were a crook... I was just a bit concerned, as I believe anyone should be after not hearing back from an Online vendor after attempting to contact them.

I've sent you another email to the email address you've provided in your reply, it's the same one I sent to before, so hopefully this time you get it. Also, search your inbox for the message titled: "Couldn't download purchase." My email client shows the message was sent successfully, which of course is no guarantee that it arrived on your end.

Just glad to hear that you've been made aware of the issue... and hopeful we can get it resolved rapidly. I am a bit curious though, as to why you didn't just check your PayPal account for the transaction number I left in my above post, and then you'd have my email address, and could have just emailed me a download link. Why make me send you another email? Just curious. You mention in your above reply: "be sure you are sending to the right address." You've already got my "right" email address in the PayPal transaction record and a direct contact to me via PayPal. In fact, my PayPal account IS my email address. Without it, I would not have been able to make the purchase.

You actually don't need to reply to that, I'm just thinking it would have been faster, after reading my post here, to have gone immediately to your PayPal account with the above transaction ID, did a search with it, got my email address from the transaction and immediately fulfilled the order "manually." Just another way to look at it.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2009, 09:09 AM

"I am a bit curious though, as to why you didn't just check your PayPal account for the transaction number I left in my above post, and then you'd have my email address, and could have just emailed me a download link. Why make me send you another email? Just curious."

I can't tell you how many times I've done that and then tried searching in different ways only to find out that someone used their mother-in-law's account to pay, the email address was wrong and so was the name...Some people forget which email is even on their paypal accounts. It may be asking a lot for people to forward an email address, but you have to send me platform information and confirming what you thought you bought is also helpful (there have been instances where there was a mismatch as people thought they found a 'cheaper version' of what they were looking for). It may seem 'easier', but this takes care of all issues at once without the back-and-forth.

Did you get this? If not, I do not believe I got the email.

Let me know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 PM

No problem man... I've sent you three emails now... to the correct address... no reply... no product... you've scammed me for 15 bucks... plus a bunch of my time going back and forth with you on this forum... I'll let PayPal sort it out...

Cheers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2009, 08:59 AM

Dude...$15? Really? If $15 ripoffs were that attractive, I'd make it impossible to get the money back. Please do enter an issue with paypal, and the money will get returned. Either you are not getting my emails because you have some spam filter on (likely, as you missed several other instructions and didn't download immediately as you should have), and/or you have mistyped my address or use a wacky Subject line that looks like spam. I do not have any spam filtering...and suffer going through thousands of emails a day so I don't miss reader and tool user queries. I am sure I miss one here or there... Missing three is not likely.

As I type here I am checking the transaction number...

You did not enter a dispute as far as I can tell. I will refund the money if you'd like. But did you get the product eventually by email? I'd have to assume you did if you did not follow up with the dispute...but it'd be nice to clarify here where you are besmirching...

BTW -- you say you aren't calling me a crook and then you do it again. If the $15 were really that important to me, I'd keep up with a lot more tools I have that are half-built. However, instances like this really turn me off to the whole process of "attempting to rip people off". You'd think I'd be better at it after doing it all these years without getting caught.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support