RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Problem Contacting Richard by E-Mail

Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 AM

Unhappy Problem Contacting Richard by E-Mail

Good day, Richard.

With some amusement (from your perspective you may not share it, of course) I just read create2live's comments about his faiure to resolve his issue that he now puts down to your "scamming" him for a few bucks. The basis and plot line for another Dan Brown novel, perhaps!

I too have been e-mailing you (about your color balance tool for PS Elements 6), and haven't heard back from you after sending you two e-mails at your address, thebookdoc AT aol.com. Since I'm not into conspiracy theories about international intrigue to scam people out of their hard earned $15 payments, I suspect a technical glitch with e-mail delivery.

I checked my spam folders and found nothing from you, so perhaps my messages are not getting through to your address. In case that is what is happening, my request was for the color balance tool for Elements 6, and I use Windows Vista.

My e-mail address in case you want to e-mail me the color balance tool is
GKeating-Brown AT bigfoot.com.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 09-07-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: altered email addresses to save from spambots
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2009, 01:18 AM

Re: Problem Contacting Richard by E-Mail

In the 6+ years I've known Richard - through RetouchPRO and other affiliations, he has always replied eventually to requests for assistance.

What's not apparent is the fact he's usually got multiple book writing and/or teaching projects going at once and sometimes it takes a few days - maybe a week or so - for him to get to and through backed up e-mail. He sometimes goes on vacation and shuts down e-mail reading for awhile.

I don't know what the particular circumstances are in your or create2live's situations or the nature of the delay in Richard's replies to each of you, but I am 100% confident in Richard's integrity.

Hang in there... He'll get back to you when he can.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2009, 09:09 AM

Like Danny said, there are fast and slow periods in my responses, and the last few months have been slow. I'll see if I can forward an email to the GKeating-Brown AT bigfoot.com address. Just did. Please reply to that and we'll see where the email circus leads. AOL does occassionally throw in some blocks that I specifically requested not to have...and services like bigfoot and hotmail are the type that people use for spamming sometimes, so they get a bad rap. I'll have to check behind th scenes to see if AOL has done me the 'favor' of blocking these services...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2009, 09:17 AM

I am certainly not in the habit of 'scamming' anyone out of $15 at a time -- it is no way to become rich. I would hope on the other hand that anyone sending $15 anywhere would have the good sense to read the instructions as to where they are sending it and what is required. It tells you RIGHT ON THE PAGE where you order if you have the right browser, as I do some Javascript checking to be sure...It also says how download is IMMEDITATE and how you have to follow links...So I take all the scamming comments with a grain of salt in that the self-service design leaves me dealing with only those few who are not so sure how to: a) read instructions, or b) follow instructions. If I had to start manning a phone to take orders and deliver them, the price would escalate quite a bit from the rather reasonable $8 or $10 or $15 that they have been. In fact, keeping up even with those has proven such that I was planning on changing the routine -- regretfully to make it more expensive and to include documentation that people have to READ. Crazy, I know.

SO...an email is on the way to you. I hope to get one back, and we'll go from there.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2009, 12:09 PM

The email I sent to the email address here was blocked. Do you have another address?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2009, 09:36 PM

I can also be reached at this e-mail address:

keatingbrown@rogers.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2009, 06:24 AM

Well, we got in contact...now I just have to finish the product. I hope to have time this weekend to finally finish it up.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support