Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Still looking for book tutorial

Old 08-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Cool Still looking for book tutorial

Hi all...

I posted this question 2 months ago right after signing up, but got no response to either my post or my email, so I'm trying again I am still looking for the tutorial images that were apparently included on the cd that came with the book (PSE 3 for me) Since I did not get the cd with the book that I bought, I downloaded the tools from, but could not locate any such images in any of the files. I'd really covet a clue from someone as to what I'm missing since I don't seem to find anyone else with this issue. Thanks for any consideration...

Looking forward to moving ahead!
~ Dana
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Re: Still looking for book tutorial

Perhaps it's because this is similar to the "help me download Photoshop" posts (ie: asking for people to help you break the law).

But I've forwarded your info to Richard.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2010, 07:08 PM

I beg your pardon??

I'm only trying to do the "Extracting Luminosity" exercise on page 51 of Richard's PSE 3 book, which I *paid* for. It says, and I quote, "Open the lily.psd image" at which point you proceed to extract luminosity. Where is the lily.psd file is all I want to know? It is not in any of the tools download files, which I also *paid* for.

I do *not* appreciate being dismissed as an IP thief without any attempt whatsoever at clarification.

Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2010, 08:12 AM

Regretfully there is no way for me to tell who paid and who did not. Most of my books can be had for free on the internet in one form or another. It has really made it impossible to track, impossible to service, and because people get it free, I don't make much following up. Especially not from Sybex who changed the contract/agreement without notice and without consulting me.

The upshot is, I am not allowed to distribute those materials according to either the new or old contract. The publisher has the rights, and you should consult with them about getting a replacement CD. If you got the Kindle version of the book, I am not at all sure how they expect to handle that.

I haven't 'dismissed' anyone. it is the regrettable circumstance of the publisher taking more than they should, and society supporting copyright infringement that is the issue. As far as I know, all versions of the book came with a CD/DVD that has the materials you need.

I'd be willing to discuss further, but I fear i do not have the rights to my work to supply you with what you need.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support