RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Hidden Power Actions II

Old 04-09-2003, 10:11 AM

Hidden Power Actions II

Don't know why I never posted this here!

There is a free Hidden Power actions package available from Hiddenelement.com that runs actions. Get it here:

http://hiddenelements.com/freetools.html

I'll be updating it soon to run more than 500 loaded actions, but it will allow you to manage an infinite number of actions without closing out of Elements. This package comes with some actions pre-installed and several free tools, including:

true layer masks
quick mask
Selective Color adjustment layers
Channel Mixer adjustment layers
Action Playback speed control

I've got some people working on additional actions for Elements. Look forward to those soon.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-29-2003, 04:39 PM

http://www.hiddenelements.com/freetools.html

Will be above piecework with the version of Elements that comes bundled with the Epson 2400 scanner? Looking at the "about Photoshop elements" screen in the program, I don't see any version number listed.

Thank you --Barry Kales
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-29-2003, 11:47 PM

That would be PhotoShop Elements version 1 and yes, it does work with it.

Bob
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2003, 05:40 AM

Bob's right. Works with Elements 1 and 2 on Mac and PC.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2003, 01:20 PM

Thanks

-- Barry
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2004, 09:09 PM

Question instructions on how to use the tools?

I don't know how to use several of the tools on the free tools download. Is there an explanation of what the tools do and how to use them anywhere? I've been searching for days...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2004, 12:10 AM

Hi,

I don't know how to use several of the tools on the free tools download.

No, there isn't--but you're free to ask away. I could probably help you with all the tools or point you to articles explaining them. So, I suggest you post your specific questions.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2004, 06:29 AM

dpnew is right, part of the idea of the forum is to discuss the tools. The freebees came with little instruction (there is an overview in the readme files for each), but the intended use was left open for discussion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2004, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Lynch
dpnew is right, part of the idea of the forum is to discuss the tools. The freebees came with little instruction (there is an overview in the readme files for each), but the intended use was left open for discussion.
Umm...I could start with the layer mask and quick mask. What is the point of using them? How do they work? I'm trying to find a way to save selections so I don't have to re-select. I've heard vaguely that masks are just so awesome, but I don't understand how they work etc...also what does rubylith and selection mean?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2004, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaylerene
Umm...I could start with the layer mask and quick mask. What is the point of using them? How do they work? I'm trying to find a way to save selections so I don't have to re-select. I've heard vaguely that masks are just so awesome, but I don't understand how they work etc...also what does rubylith and selection mean?
If you have PE2 you can already save selections - it's one of the options in the selections menu... (it's the one feature missing from PE1 that is really worth upgrading for imho)
Quick mask is just like the selection brush tool - to select paint on the image in quick mask mode. The major advantage of quick mask mode over the selection brush toool is that it seems (at least on my machine) to work a little snappier, with faster brush response.

Layer masks are useful, although Richard's book gives work arounds using clipping groups that give exactly the same result - and explicit instructions if i recall correctly, for saving the selection this way. I use either depending on my mood! If you add a layer mask to a layer using HPA3 (it won't work on a background layer) and click on the layer mask icon in the layer palette, then by painting on the layer mask in black it will hide the layer, and by leaving it white it will reveal the layer. Shades of grey in between will partially hide.
Susan S.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support