RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

simulating [ctrl][alt][~] PS shortcut in PSE

Old 05-08-2003, 12:37 PM

ps6 demo

Glad I kept my PS6 demo copy!!! I'd thought about downloading the version 7 tryout....glad I didn't :-)

Actually, you can save an image via the PS6 demo (in a round about way). If you use the web preview via the Internet Explorer web browser preview button, you can right-click on the image in IE and save in png format. I'm amazed they didn't disable the web preview also.

Regarding the action that I started this thread on, I was able to finally get it to work. I set it up so that it saves the highlights in a layer, and also the "shadows" ( I just inverted a copy of the background and used that then to get the "shadow" regions). I didn't put any comments in it...it's just a simple straight-away action. One thing I did have problems with was when I tried to rename a layer that a selection came from (by clicking on the layer), instead of allowing me to rename it, it pulled up the Layer Style dialog window (any way around that?). So, I just copied the layer then, renamed it to Highlights (and in the inverted case "Shadows") and deleted the original layer I copied. Runs fast so really don't notice it.

Richard, would you like me to get a copy of the action to you for future Hidden Tools releases? Let me know if you do, and how to go about getting it to you (I don't have a website where I can set up an ftp style download link).

Thanks for all your help on this!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2003, 12:06 PM

posting an action

Regarding the action in this thread, should I post it for others to download? I figure others may be able to add to/improve it...and/or find it useful in postprocessing work.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2003, 12:30 PM

shoot with minolta (0ff topic)

Yes.... I use a Minolta DiMage 7 with the version 2.01 firmware upgrade.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2003, 02:37 PM

Responded via forum IM

I sent you responses via the Forum's IM...that way we don't keep going off topic here.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support