RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

SnapActions and Hidden Power Actions II

Old 05-12-2003, 01:29 PM

SnapActions and Hidden Power Actions II

Are (is?) SnapActions compatible with HPAII?

If so, is there a point to having both, or are they simply two different efforts to accomplish the same thing (enabling PS actions in PSE)?

Last edited by Richard_Lynch; 05-12-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-12-2003, 02:18 PM

There really is no need to have both -- though I guess some people like to. There is no advantage to both, but Hidden Power does come with additional tools that the other package will not have -- and I can guarantee compatibility with Hidden Power Tools when using the Actions II interface. I'll be adding more stuff shortly that will again only be available in Hidden Power.

If there is anything you see that you want, let me know and we'll make it happen.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-12-2003, 06:31 PM

I have both installed with no problems. I prefer Richard's HPA2 interface for adding actions I have created/modifed myself - much quicker to do than with SnapActions in my opinion. (but if you don't like putting stuff into the gaps in the HTML files you might feel differently) SnapActions Mac version had some initial problems; they have largely been fixed now, but every now and then I get stuck in the navigation between menus using the backward and forward arrows. I installed both as a matter of interest - and it saves having to switch between action sets in Richard's interface if you use more actions than his default installation allows.

Susan S.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2003, 09:38 PM

Insta-Sketch

I am interested in the Insta-sketch and Hayes Island actions that are listed on the snapActions website: (http://www.geocities.com/rnlnero/PE2stuff2.html

Will these run as is or must they be modified? I have all the Hidden Powers tools installed as well as the Hidden Powers Actions Package III installed. I am a still very early in learning this stuff so I need a lot of help. Thanks for any help.

Bill W.

Last edited by bwarnke; 10-25-2003 at 02:35 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2003, 08:46 PM

Bill:

Actions available for download from
http://www.geocities.com/rnlnero/PE2stuff2.html
have been modified to run under Elements.

Ditto for the ones available from the Hidden Elements site.

~DannyR~
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2003, 09:49 PM

Danny,

Thanks for the reply.

I should have been more specific with my question. I also wanted to know how to install these actions to make them work with hidden powers. Or do they need to be run with the snapactions interface? I'm not sure how to install them to make them work with the hidden powers interface.

Thanks.

Bill
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2003, 10:53 PM

Hi Bill:

To clarify, although you can, there's no need to install both HE and SA. They both provide action playing functionality. Each does it a little differently. Which method you choose is a function of preference, ease of use, etc.

Actions specifically modified for Elements should work under either interface, so you can install them with whichever interface you prefer.

To my knowledge how the actions are installed for each interface is explained in gory detail in the respective instructions that should have been part of the download package. (Although I do quite a bit with actions and know of HE and SA, I'm a Phothshop user and have not installed either of these interfaces.)

I'm assuming you have you downloaded the HE and SA packages and looked through the instructions. Correct?

If so and you have specific questions about installing actions to be played through the Hidden Elements interface, with your next post refer to the step number in the directions where you're stuck. Richard (or someone who's installed HE) should be able to help you from there.

A good way to get help on SnapActions is to e-mail Ling Nero (the developer) directly from the SnapActions download site. She's very responsive to e-mail.

Let me know if I am completely missing the boat, here. Not trying to confuse you by any means.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2003, 08:56 AM

Danny,

Yes, you are correct in your assumptions. I have all the Hidden Elements files on installing actions, but I must be not understanding, or missing something. I tried to install the Instasketch action within the HE interface, but haven't been able to get it to work. I have not read the snapactions instructions, so maybe that's what I should do next.

But I would rather avoid having two different interfaces for actions, I'd like to keep it simple and rely on just the HE interface, if possible.

Thanks for your help Danny.

Bill
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2003, 07:57 PM

Danny,

Just wanted to let you know that I finally figured out how to install actions and get them to work within the HP interface. I prefer to do this and just have one interface. Just needed to read the advanced instructions a few times and look at some examples. Thanks for your help.

Bill
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2003, 08:01 PM

Good for you, Bill. Glad you had the determination to plow your way through the mud. You no doubt learned a few things along the way that will stick with you for a long time and be valuable down the road.

Well done.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support