RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Need help with Hidden Powers...

Old 08-10-2003, 12:26 PM

Need help with Hidden Powers...

I downloaded the Hidden Powers of elements, for my elements 1 program and the read me file was corrupted. (twice) I can get it to show up in the welcome window when I open the program, but nothing appears to be loaded so I can use it. Is there a link or a "walk-through" that could help me complete the set-up in simple language? Thanks in advance!

Sue
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2003, 09:13 AM

You are probably using an older utility to unstuff/unzip the file. Try Enzip (http://www.cpam.freeserve.co.uk/) if you are on PC and Maczipit (http://www.maczipit.com/) for mac.

Download the file from the website again, and unzip the fresh file with the new utility.

Richard
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2003, 05:44 PM

Thanks, It seems to be working now, although I don't see where the 87 pre-installed actions are located. There is nothing in sets. The frames are there and working. Am I still not set up correctly?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2003, 06:14 PM

The "frames" are actions. that accounts for about 60. there are additional actions for other things in a few of the other categories. The idea is that you will be able to add on as you like.

does this make sense?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2003, 06:16 PM

It makes perfect sense!

Wow, that was a fast reply! I guess it didn't occur to me that the frames were actions. I am still new to the terminology. Thanks for setting me straight.
Sue
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2003, 08:22 PM

Ok, now I'm starting to really feel stupid. I downloaded some actions and I thought I put them in right, but apparently not. I still can't get the stinkin' read me files to open, and I've tried several locations without any luck. Is this stuff at all difficult, or am I just too blonde to handle it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2003, 10:00 AM

It is my guess that without consulting the read me files you will have limited success. It isn't entirely easy, no. However, you should be able to use the pre-installed actions. If there are others you want to use, I would be glad for a discussion of that here. A pretty big frustration for me has been that i expected some people would share some information about either actions they want/need, and that we could come together and make them available. This would mean the more technically oriented folk (or myself) could snap together some stuff so the less technical could easily install -- and I could make it all available in one place.

Few have stepped forward. it would make a big difference.

The readme files are included with the installation and should be right in the Photoshop Elements program folder. Take a look theere. If they aren't there, you may have installed incorrectly.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2003, 03:32 PM

Thanks, Richard

I can use the actions that came with Hidden Elements, (at least, I think so, I don't know how many came with it, but it seems about rigth) I downloaded some other actions and I can't seem to access them. Perhaps you could tell me the proper folder to place them in or if there is a step I am somehow missing? Sorry to be a pest about this. It seems like I am so close to making this work...
Sue
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2003, 10:22 AM

Hi Sue, I think I am in the same boat. I have everything successfully downloaded and finally into my computer(Mac), but when I click on the new Welcome screen with all the wonderful new tools staring at me, nothing happens. I am beginning to think that where the tools are inside PSE 2 could be possibly in the wrong folders. That is where I become vastly confused.
I put up some screenshots on another thread here, and I am hoping that Richard can see from them what I have done wrong. As soon as we find out, and if I am able to correct it and finally use the tools, I will take new screen shots and put them here. I have to see my errors, to learn how to correct them.
I am somewhat of a beginner, taking lessons, and really really neeeeeeeed these great tools!
Jane
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2003, 04:45 PM

Hi Jane,

Glad you found your way over here.

Are you sure the tools are not working? Try this out for me:

Open a photo, use the lasso to draw a small shape. Do cut then paste. Get the welcome screen up and click on layer mask. Then check the layers palette ... is there not a new layer in there?

Let me know how you go on

Wendy
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support