RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Want a new action.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:41 PM

Cool Re:Want a new action

Hi Ralph,

As I said, the SVCD shows look pretty good without blur. But, the new DVD shows have alot of flicker. Richard asked me to post an example, of course you can't see the flicker unless it's viewed on a tv. I'll give it a try.

I uploaded a file, but I can't tell if it is attached??

Last edited by Dan1335; 03-04-2005 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Add something
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2005, 02:53 PM

Dan
You are lucky that your SVCD shows are ok.
You are right, you won't get flicker on a monitor.
Yes, what you said about trying your photos on a DVD RW, to see how much to blur is the way to go.
Best of luck.
Ralph
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2005, 12:47 PM

Cool RE:Action post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Lynch
can you post an example?
Hi Richard, I uploaded an example of a street sceen that causes a lot of flicker on a tv. I'm not sure the upload worked? Anyway, I have read up on the tv scan lines and the article says if horizontal lines are within 4-5 pixals there will be a flicker (it looks like movement). So, I guess the blurring reduces the flicker. I'm still checking various filter effects.

Also, I think I remember reading something in your PS 2 book about skewing a copy of a photo on a new layer to blur it, but I can't find it. Any way to skew a dup layer by a fixed amount?

Dan
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2005, 05:19 AM

I don't see any link or image. All this talk about blurring worries me a little. If you are looking for a soft-focus effect, then there are likely better ways to get it than by blurring the whole image. Masking edges (which I might create a tool for) could be useful in maintaining sharpness while allowing some glow and could limit reduction of detail.

I might have thought this was in the Elements book, but I guess it is only in the Photoshop CS book. Perhaps I'll move it in in the next version...If it is what you want, I can schedule the tool now.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2005, 03:02 PM

Cool Masking Edges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Lynch
I don't see any link or image. All this talk about blurring worries me a little. If you are looking for a soft-focus effect, then there are likely better ways to get it than by blurring the whole image. Masking edges (which I might create a tool for) could be useful in maintaining sharpness while allowing some glow and could limit reduction of detail.

I might have thought this was in the Elements book, but I guess it is only in the Photoshop CS book. Perhaps I'll move it in in the next version...If it is what you want, I can schedule the tool now.
Hi Richard, sorry I was so long getting back to you...tax time. Yes, I would like a "mask edges" tool it should help smooth the shots used for tv display.
As I said before Svcd shows using a "flicker filter" are clear with no edge problems, but of course no transitions either.

Thanks,

Dan
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support