RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Using HPA3 with book tools?

Old 01-18-2004, 02:42 PM

Using HPA3 with book tools?

Hi,

I just installed the HPA3 tools, and I can't figure out how to get from the free tools to the tools that only come with the book. How do you find the menu for the book tools?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2004, 07:27 PM

well, if these are installed correctly, all you have to do on the Welcome menu is click the logo for Hidden Power. From the Hidden power tools, click the Other tab and then click (whatever the link is that I provided). There are two separate interfaces for a reason. In my humble opinion, it is best to access the free tools from the Welcome menu, and the HP tools from the recipes/how-to. Some people want access to everything from everywhere...and while it is possible, it is just plain bad interface design.

That help?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2004, 08:11 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

There are two separate interfaces for a reason. In my humble opinion, it is best to access the free tools from the Welcome menu, and the HP tools from the recipes/how-to. Some people want access to everything from everywhere...and while it is possible, it is just plain bad interface design.

I wasn't asking for a single interface, I wanted to know where any interface for the book tools was--I couldn't find one.

if these are installed correctly, all you have to do on the Welcome menu is click the logo for Hidden Power.

Hmmm...it doesn't seem like mine installed correctly because there is no Hidden Power logo on the Welcome window when I launch PSE2. Aiiiiiiiiii! I get it now. I didn't realize the words HIDDEN POWER and the logo was a link.

Some people want access to everything from everywhere...and while it is possible, it is just plain bad interface design.

Now, I'm really confused: after playing around a bit, I find I'm able to access both sets of tools from the Welcome window. If I click on Other/Actions to get to the free tools, all I have to do to get to the book tools is click on the Hidden Powers logo. Furthemore, now that I test that out in the How To palette, it works there too, AND I just discovered the back button at the top of the How To palette, and that also allows me to navigate back to the book tools. So, it seems like your interface design does allow access to all the tools both from the Welcome window and the How To palette. For me, having another big palette open takes up too much room--I'm not using two monitors yet for post processing--so having access to both from the How To palette is what I prefer, and I have that, so I'm happy.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2004, 08:47 PM

I said it was 'bad design', I didn't say I wouldn't do it by popular demand :-).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support