RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Healing/Mend Tool

Old 02-03-2004, 05:58 PM

Healing/Mend Tool

I have received the zip file and tried to install the tool. The steps I took were:

Unzipped the file and a folder named mend + folder appeared. Inside the folder was a read me file and the mend folder. Inside the Mend folder were the relevant three atn's and a psd).

I then placed the Mend folder into the Effects Folder. Applications\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2\ Previews\Effects

Then Deleted the Previews Cache. Applications\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2\ Previews\Cache

Then restarted Elements.

I opened the Effects palette and choose Mend from the drop list and opened my image.

However when I opened the Effects folder and selected Mend all that appears on the Effects pallette is the Icon Original. There is no Set-up icon.

I have tried this several times ... and each time the same thing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

My set up is G4 iMac OS 10.2.6 and I also have Lings Add ons installed.

Wendy
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2004, 06:57 PM

Try getting out of Elements and deleting the cache again. If you got back in to the Effects quickly, it is possible that the whole thing didn't have time to cache -- especially if you have many effects add-ons.

If you have edited the Mend.psd in any way, you may have 'enhanced' the links. If so, try reinstalling by trashing the whole Mend folder and replacing.

let me know!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2004, 07:24 PM

Hi Richard,

I have trashed the mend folder and reinstalled a new copy but it was still just the same. I have also tried deleting the cache again and waiting a while before going into Effects. No change at all. I don't have any extra effects, only things I have extras of is brushes and layer styles.

I have even tried deleting prefs and restarting the Mac but no change. Everything seems to be in the right place but nothing apart from "original" shows under Mend in the Effects pallette.

Wendy
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2004, 07:28 PM

Open the mend.psd file and tell me the names of the layers there.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2004, 07:42 PM

If I open the mend.psd in Elements it shows 3 layers Patron_info, Mend and Mend_setup

Wendy
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2004, 07:52 PM

Right at this moment i am at a loss...Being a Mac user and knowing how this should work, you seem to have all the pieces, so i can't be sure what on earth is wrong.

I looked for your registration information (under 'wendy'), and do not have anything. I would be able to track the exact package i sent to see if anything is wrong. Can you please try the Patron action and copy out the registration information and forward it to me? thebookdoc@aol.com

Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2004, 08:13 PM

I have tested your package here and everything seems OK. The only thing I can think of is that the unzipping may have been a problem. If you still have the original email, please download the zip file again and try unzipping. Please let me know what utility you are using, as that may be a problem as well, and that is the type of thing i want to keep track of.

Thanks for your patience...it all works, really!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2004, 09:17 PM

Wendy - I had this problem too - stuffit expander won't play nice with this file and gave me exactly the same symptoms..I had to use zipit to extract the file before it would install correctly....once I did this it installed correctly after deleting the cache. (I was hoping that using the latest and greatest version of stuffit expander would get around this problem - I've had it before on Elements add-ons - but it didn't)

(I think I mentioned this when I tested the file, Richard - if I didn't I apologise)

Susan S.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2004, 09:54 PM

Susan, thank you for confirming. I don't remember that from your email, but I've been a little busy putting together the personalized packages! it might have slipped by me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2004, 10:43 PM

I'm having the same problem. The folder appears to have been unzipped as I drag it as a mail attachment to my desktop and then into the folder as instructed. What next?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support