I was doing the vector tutorial in Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 2 (pages 203-204). It referred me back to page 201 in order to create a hook for the picture. I think that I followed the instructions on the side on how to make it, but once I get up to applying threshold to the gaussian blurred object, it does not seem to do anything no matter how I move the threshold slider. The picture of the levels shows only one vertical line at the extreme left. I might have done something wrong in the way I got to this point, so what follows is my steps
1. Make the Torus (page 203).
2. Draw the hook using the pencil tool.
3. Use the polygonal lasso to make a better outline of the hook.
4. Fill the selection with black (no preserve transparency).
6. Gaussian Blur (19 px radius).
After this point, I choose Image>Adjustments>Threshold, which has never worked. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.