RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Dead or alive

Old 05-02-2004, 12:19 PM

Dead or alive

I have to check if this forum is alive! Recently I invested in Photoshop CS and in the book Hidden CS.
Previously I have learned a lot from Hidden Elements. Thanks Richard!

I feel the new book is a bit difficult for me but I assume this is due to the fact that I am not used to Photoshop CS (but I am used to Ricards way of writing).
For example the pages 101 and 102. What happens in step 5 and 6 on page 101. What to do after step 6?
On page 102, step it says separate luminosity but what I understand this step adds an extra luminosity layer? When I use the action Add luminosity I get into a loop. Have to delete last step to get it working.
What happens in step 5,6 and 7? Why? Also it says on the bottom of the page "apply the mask". What does this mean?
Regards
ThomasD
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-10-2004, 12:00 PM

This is alive. The book came out only a little while ago, and I've not really had time to get the associated site up (there is a site, but it isn't the NEW one). I'll have to take a look at the questions you asked a little later -- if nothing else, at least you and I can enjoy a discussion!

Great to finally hear from someone who bought the CS book!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2004, 06:30 PM

Richard, I know that hidden elements did provide missing tools for Elements users...

Does Hidden PSCS come with some scripts, or peculiar actions sets, plug-ins or other presets? (I know that there is nothing to "unlock" here.)

BTW, I noticed that the autor FAQ link on the elements site produces a 404, on this page: http://hiddenelements.com/author.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2004, 01:39 PM

There are power tools on the CD in the CS book as well. These may not exactly reveal tools that Photoshop is 'missing', but they do unlock some powerful techniques. For me it has always really been the techniques and the book that are more important.

I will be coming out with tools for Photoshop users as well in the coming months. For example, my Dynamic Image tool for Elements users will be released for CS. You can see what that does here:

http://hiddenelements.com/dynamic

That answer your question?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2005, 03:10 AM

Richard, I will be changing from Photoshop Elements 2 to Photoshop CS2 soon and would be interested in using a CS version of Dynamic Image, which I use extensively with Photoshop Elements 2. Did you produce a CS Dynamic Image, and if so is it suitable for CS2?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2005, 08:38 AM

please contact me off list: thebookdoc@aol.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2006, 03:41 AM

The CD

Hey there. The CD accompanying the book does not get me where I want to go. Clicking on Chapter files gets me to a pdf about gun deaths while the Hidden Power Tools button redirects me to the Hidden Power of Elements 2 forum. I'm using Firefox as standard browser. The two above open in a second tab, while the first displays about:blank. Not very smooth.

Other than that, the book looks good, I just started reading it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-26-2006, 03:26 PM

I am not sure just what settings/bugs you may have on your system that would bring up these problems, but I can assure you that the CD is not the driver. Is it possible that you can try that CD on another machine? My guess is that you will have very different results. if so, blame the machine, and not the CD. if you DO have the same results, I would be very curious and may pay to have you send me that CD so that i can study it and bring it to the attention of the publisher. meanwhile I would get them to replace your CD.

please let me know. Feel free to contact me by email.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support