Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Hidden Power Dynamic Image

Old 12-30-2004, 07:29 AM
All sorted!

On closer examination, the haloes that I referred to are on the original out-of-the-camera image and are just being accentuated by Dynamic Image, which is understandable. By the way, I use Dynamic Image on most of my images and find it very good indeed.

The other matter of not being able to get 'Step-by-step' to function is just that I had expected to go through the action one step at a time, and do something like press a key to proceed to the next step. I see now this is not the case, and that 'Step and long pause' is the slowest action play speed available; which gives time enough to see the individual steps, but unfortunately not long enough to note them down.
The idea behind using 'Step-by step' was to ascertain which steps were causing a problem with haloing, and to use just the steps that were not problematic.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2005, 04:09 AM
In any case, it would be difficult to note which steps were causing the accentuation of the haloes. The dynamic image tool is a concept, and a lot of things that will flash on the screen will not necessarily make visual sense, as they are part of the larger process. the process extends the mid-range tonality using masking and levels. it then helps fill back desaturated color. That is a slight over-simplification. Likely the mid-range changes made the haloes appear to be enhanced.

Glad you like the DI tool. Some people have shown me some pretty awesome results. Those who don't have it can get it for elements 1,2 and 3, Mac or PC, here:
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support