RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hidden Power Support Support and discussion area for Richard Lynch's book and software series

Hidden Power Dynamic Image

Old 06-02-2004, 08:57 PM

Hidden Power Dynamic Image

I wanted to take an opportunity to announce a new tool that I just released: Hidden Power Dynamic Image

This tool will help you make the most out of whatever you have captured. Lackluster images come to life, and good images become great ones. Don't take my word for it, have a look at the samples on the Dynamic Images pages on my HiddenPower website:

http://hiddenelements.com/dynamic

The Dynamic Image tool comes with Hidden Power Dynamic Image and Hidden Power Basic Color Correction, two tools that will work together to make your images POP! Without losing highlight and shadow details like other techniques can. Get these tools together in one package for $12! Save hours trying to get images right, and salvage images you would have worked at for hours, in just minutes.

If I can answer any questions, drop me a line.

Thanks!

Richard Lynch
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2004, 06:27 AM

Question Question

Can these new tools be installed to work in PE v.1?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2004, 06:48 AM

While I would guess that there shouldn't be a problem, I must admit I didn't test it. Let me get to testing this evening and I'll let you know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2004, 10:42 AM

Smile Hidden Power Dynamic Image Tool - Outstanding

Richard Lynch has done it again and for only $12!!! These two tools are more than a way to make an image POP by means of easy image adjustments. They are great learning tools for those who want to learn what can be done with PE 2. Most people I know using the full version of Photoshop can't even come close to what these two tools do, plus more important teach you what is going on if you read ??? and follow the instructions??? I have been in the photograhy and printing fields for more than 50 years, yes I am older than dirt retired and have time to play. When teaching color separation years ago there were no buttons, besides the camera, to push, just filters, film, chemicals, paper, etc. Then when color scanners came in, back in the 70's, with buttons to push I was an instructor and guess what? 80%, plus of the operators where having problems making corrections and the reason was they did not know the basics and once they understood the basics they became great at it and called me MR. Color??? OK the reason for all this is if you are having a problem with these tools or want to get more out of what they can do, go back to the basics in Richards Book "The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 2" and study how the image of Prokudin-Gorskii, titled Man in Uniform, Seated on Chair, Outside, in 1910 was done on glass plates using just black and white, and color filters, ie. tone and color. If you can understand how this was done in 1910, you will understand these tools, and I mean really understand what they are doing to make it so easy. Thank you again Mr. Richard Lynch!!!

Last edited by jdhagin; 06-21-2004 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2004, 09:45 AM

Exclamation Is it my stupidity, again?!

No doubt the Dynamic Image tools will be incredible. I just can't seem to access them!

The installation steps are simple enough (even for me?). And I can get Elements to ask for my permission to reset/rebuild the prefs. But I can see only one 'image' icon in the "Dynamic Image" Effects pallet; the only 'effect' available is "Original" which is in all effects lists. I suspect that it is a simple placeholder icon and it is not selectable, anyway. Should there not be at least one other choice in that list? Possibly Color Correction, Flatten,etc.

Any help appreciated, looks like a great tool, sure would like to use it!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2004, 12:37 PM

I assume you went through the readme and looked at all the other installation tips here? The mend and DI tools install the same way.

You have probably done one of several simple things:

1) Unzipped with a tool that doesn't unzip entirely. Try dropping the unzipped files on the zip utility again.
2) Installed the tools inside 2 folders rather than one (check to see it isn't Dynamic Image+/Dynamic Image...if it is, move the inner folder outside the '+' folder and delete the '+' folder.
3) Installed the tools to the wrong folder. All the DI files should show up in the same folder.
4) Installed without a folder at all. The folder is necessary.

Another solution that has worked for many is just opening the Hidden_Power_Dynamic.psd in Elements and resave it using Save As (make no changes to the file and keep the same file name). This can fix problems caused by using the wrong unzip utility.

If these don't work, we need some more details. Let me know where the files are, what platform you are on, what you have done to try and fix the situation, etc.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2004, 02:36 PM

Thumbs down Success! ;-)

Turns out the "note" after step 4 of the installation instructions was the key.

I was led to this by Safari claiming I didn't have required permissions to open the ReadMe.html! I had downloaded another Un-zip tool and it left the 'permissions' as "None!" Anyway, I checked the other two files and sure enough, they all had "none" permission settings. I had even run "Repair Permissions" prior to this (OS X.3.4, BTW). So I selected the 3 files, did a "Get Info" and set the permissions to "Read Only." Started up Elements and everything was fine.

I have checked the original Expanded files and see that they are "Read and Write" enabled. Not sure which permissions are correct but I'll leave the "Read Only" setting as that works! Why fight success?!

Thanks for the suggestions and the quick response!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2004, 02:43 PM

Glad you are up and running!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2004, 11:30 AM

I have Hidden Power Dynamic Image, PSE2, and free tools. I have a slight problem in that on some shots I am getting haloes in the form of a white line under some objects in the image. I have had the same problem (not in Dynamic Image) in applying enhancements to selections in images, and have improved the problem by de-selecting anti-aliased when making the selection. I tried single stepping through Dynamic Image using the bonus tools Step-by-step action, but could not get the Step-by-step to function.
Am I doing something wrong, or is Dynamic Image regarded as propriety property, not meant to be examined with Step-by-step?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2004, 12:52 PM

I am not sure which are your questions. Can you clarify?

You should be able to hit step-by-step and run through Dynamic Image. I can quickly describe what it does: The idea is to optimize the midtones. I believe there is an option for leaving the correction layers intact -- looking at those should provide the clues you want to what it does. For the most part, increasing contrast and saturation in the midtones will yeild a more dynamic image. I am not hiding anything there. Elements will likely hid the steps in the How-to though...

Dynamic Image is loosely proprietary in that I made it up, and I have never seen the same process. There is, however, nothing unusual about it in that I use standard Elements tools...and it can be duplicated in different programs.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Hidden Power Support